Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New speed limits on CV905 Torrevieja to Quesada

Re: New speed limits on CV905 Torrevieja to Quesada

Postby tonemar » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:22 pm

Agree with some but not all posts. Driving Police cars for 20 years in the UK, this does not seem a good idea.
Some faceless person or committee has decided this. Normally in my experience they haven,t got a clue.
You will get bunching, it will not stop rear end shunts, just at a lower speed
The answer is to find out who decreed this and object.
In my experience I would say 80k is acceptable.
T
tonemar

Re: New speed limits on CV905 Torrevieja to Quesada

Postby JohnES » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:29 pm

I am guessing that they have reduced the limit because of all the drivers exceeding the limit on a daily basis. The problem is that they are making all drivers suffer instead of the ones doing the speeding. This will not fix the problem as there is no deterrent, the speeding drivers will still speed. I suppose the thought behind it is that any drivers going 100kph or more are going more than twice the speed limit and therefore the fines would be more severe.
As the lower speed limit starts at the boundary of Torrevieja, it is probably the town council that has made this change.
For people living in the east of Quesada there is the alternative of using the Lemon tree road to the N332 and going in that way.
Some of the lemon tree road is 80kph and a stretch of the N332 towards La Mata is 90kph.

I suspect that people living in this area will not go into Torrevieja as often.
ps. The speed limit on the main street through Guadamar is 50 kph. It is not safe to go that fast because it is quite narrow with all the parked cars but it just goes to show the inconsistencies here.
JohnES

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous