Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

El Recorral update

El Recorral update

Postby russ2u » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:23 am

In case anyone is interested in the work going on at el Recorral I attach a picture of the plans. The are creating 4 big lakes, one of the lakes is absolutely huge! They have already started digging this week and were even working today. Warning to all who use the park regularly, there is a lot of heavy machinery in and out of the park now, huge lorries taking earth away etc, please be cautious, I see so many people with their dogs running loose, I doubt the drivers would stand a chance of seeing a dog in the road.

Apologies admin for not adding this to the existing post, unfortunately i can’t see how to add an attachment to an existing post so I created a new post.
russ2u

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: El Recorral update

Postby scubydoo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:40 pm

Nice one Russ.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby SharonSpain » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:55 pm

Thanks Russ. That's a lot of money though, wonder if it will be reflected in our water bills.
SharonSpain

Postby Black » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:52 pm

I wonder if this primarily something to do with water treatment, or just a landscaping project.

Google translation;

Project for the reuse and authorization of discharge of treated water in the southern basin of the municipality of Rojales
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby jcee » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:32 pm

I seem to remember a couple of years ago the Mayor of Rojales mentioned this at a meeting. Evidently all properties built on the South side of the hill between Rojales and La Mata has to have there sewerage pumped over this hill to the North side. These lakes are to store this arising until it can be used or drained away to the North. The reason being to protect the salt lakes and surrounding area.
jcee

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby camionpilot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:23 pm

It also looks like the sewage works [ the source of the lemon tree whiff ..!! ] is being extended .
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Martin the artist » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:22 pm

The town hall have issued a video & explanation about the work here: https://www.facebook.com/AytoRojales/videos/415281975901155/

And this is a translation of the reasons and benefits:-

Rojales continues to advance in the solution of a historical environmental problem.
After several decades, the purified waters in the southern basin of our municipality will arrive to a channel of public domain authorized by the Hydrographic Confederation of the Segura, and not to the Lagunas de la Mata as until now.
On the way to this channel, the waters will fill some gaps in the park "El Recorral".
These lagoons will also serve to irrigate the trees, which suffer much during the periods of drought, and also for the work of reforestation of the more depopulated zones.
This same water may be used for the prevention and extinction of fires, which is essential for a rapid response if necessary.
A more pleasant environment will be created where our neighbours and visitors can walk and recreate thanks to a new network of roads, generating an attractiveness that will attract many people to visit, enjoy and practice sports in our park.
This renaturalisation of the park will allow an increase in the presence of animal and plant species in the natural environment by water, which can serve as a drinking spot for different animals.
The water will be constantly circulated and oxygenated, thus avoiding the presence of mosquitoes, and with treatments that will eliminate any Legionella bacteria.
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Titch » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:50 pm

Thank you for that, Martin. Perhaps someone might know the answer to two questions I have. Firstly, at the beginning of the video it shows a large area of concrete and what looks like a new sewage works but I can't figure out where it is located, presumably on the Recorral, and maybe the water processed from that feeds into the new lakes. Secondly, does this project have anything to do with all the major works at the end of Avenida Aeropuerto, and other roads nearby? I'd be interested to know.
Titch

Postby Martin the artist » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:51 pm

I imagine the water treatment plant is an extension to one existing in the campo some way to the West of Quesada & North of El Raso.
The work that is going on at end of Avenida Aeropuerto is obviously some drainage but I would have though it was too far away to be part of the project but it could be rerouting sewage from Quesada there.
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby PeteKnight » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Julia wrote:the beginning of the video it shows a large area of concrete and what looks like a new sewage works but I can't figure out where it is located

The shots from the drone 30 seconds in to the video show a large body of water in the near distance and a large mast beyond that.
The mast looks like the one at the inland side if the N332, north of El Moncayo, and the water must be 'Blue Lake' at La Mata. If that's the case then I think the concrete construction must be south of the Blue Lake, near La Siesta.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Next