Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pellet burners

Pellet burners

Postby QUESADALAD » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Hello. debating whether to get a pellet burner,anyone got any good and bad tips, ie cost, cleaning. warmth they give.

Thank you
QUESADALAD

Which part of Spain are you from?: golf course

Re: Pellet burners

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:25 pm

I've thought about it but think they are ugly, until that improves I am not bothering, just sticking with the aircon for the time being.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby QUESADALAD » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:41 pm

Was at a party on Thursday Chris at Stevies Bar on the golf course, they have just had 1 put in upstairs, looked quite nice i thought, type there name on f,book im sure there is a picture of it
QUESADALAD

Postby manxmunk » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:46 am

this subject has been broached before, not sure if it was on this forum or Costa Blanca forum, the main problem with pellet burners seemed to be the air to pellet ratio, and how efficient the feed into the burners were. Might be an idea to visit both sites and type in pellet burners, makes interesting reading.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby manxmunk » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:48 am

Further to my previous post, might be an idea to ask Jim Taylors advice, (costa blanca forum)he's a mine of useful info, and I'm pretty sure he offered a lot of advice on this subject.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby QUESADALAD » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Thank you, Manxmunk
QUESADALAD

Postby LSpring40 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi we have a pellet burner and I wouldn't be without it! The temperature can be adjusted, which we always do as it generates so much heat it can become unbearable. As long as the basked that catches the pellets is cleaned everyday there should be no problem. A bag of pellets from Leroy Merlin costs about 4/5 euros and can last up to one week, depending on how long/how cold it is. Obviously soot is generated but only inside the heating area and I clean it the morning after every use. We leave all of the doors open and the house is completely heated before we go to bed. Like I said we would be without it. In fact we are moving soon and have had one fitted in our new place.
LSpring40

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby lastminute » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:49 pm

It is the best you can have. I have one in each of my homes with chanelling. Come and take a look if you like.
lastminute

Postby daz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:58 pm

Something I’ve considered recently so have been searching the net for variations and fitting advice as it is something I would do myself.

Discovered that the flu has more options for fitting in awkward places, compared to a log burner. estimated cost for a basic set up, for us in our 2 bed average sized apartment, around 400eu, fitting it myself. But then the cost of pellets on top.

After all that, now decided that with the minimal use it will get (let’s face it it gets cold but it’s very rarely very cold and even rarer for long periods), and we currently have one floor standing heater that we only ever put on for an hour IF it’s cold enough.

So we have decided it’s a lot of clat for not much gain.

Instead we will have small stylish wall mounted electric heaters in each of the three rooms that count. Then we can put them on and off as we want, with timers etc.

Soz if that’s no use, good luck in what you decide.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Poole » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:13 pm

QUESADALAD wrote:Was at a party on Thursday Chris at Stevies Bar on the golf course, they have just had 1 put in upstairs, looked quite nice i thought, type there name on f,book im sure there is a picture of it

It was fitted by Ambience Fires. They’re down by the arches next the the cycle shop. They have a Facebook page. Lots of pellet burners on display with very helpful info. Id say go speak to them and let them help.
Poole

Next