Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

DRIVING

DRIVING

Postby JOHNNOBEV » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:48 am

ANARCHY AT THE ARCHES

1. It would appear that a fair number of road users tend to ignore the law around the area of the Arches. You start to experience the problems starting at the Santander Bank.
a. The inconsiderate/illegal parking at the pedestrian crossing area by Santander Bank means that a driver’s view of the crossing is badly impaired.
b. The entry to the service station is a one-way road, but many road users are exiting from it.
c. The exit from the service station is clearly marked NO LEFT TURN. However, road users are regularly seen turning left.
Maybe the Police should use the video footage at the service station to identify offenders.

2. With the build of the new Supermarket near the Arches, the centre bollards were never replaced, consequently you have traffic;
a. Exiting Calle de los Arcos and turning left under the Arches OR alternately going straight across into Calle de Baja.
b, Having turned right out of Calle de los Arcos then turning left into the supermarket by going across the pedestrian crossing and into the flow of traffic to enter the car park. Instead of, going around the roundabout and back to the car park entrance, in relative safety.
c. Cars parked outside the Popular Bank with 4 way flashers going, thus interrupting the traffic flow and causing tailbacks at peak times.
The Rojales Council should replace the bollards.

3. Finally the roundabout appears to be a “dog eat dog” situation, where very few road users are;
a. Obeying the speed limit.
b. Using their indicators.
c. Having any lane discipline.
d. Giving way to other traffic.
The main problem is speed, so the introduction of traffic calming measure would be a positive measure.

PLEASE DRIVE CAREFULLY IN A VERY BUSY AREA TO ENSURE YOUR OWN SAFETY AND THAT OF OTHER ROAD USERS.
JOHNNOBEV

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Re: DRIVING

Postby Glassfull » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:02 am

The I think that you are confused with your assessment, that the road by the service station is one way. For that to be true, there would need to be a ‘NO ENTRY’ sign at the other end and, there ain’t.

I regard the ‘ONE WAY’ arrow as a circulatory preference for the garage operators on their forecourt and has no bearing on the road.
Last edited by Glassfull on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby camionpilot » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:05 pm

Welcome to Spain , just treat the average car driver as an idiot and drive with caution , parking in the high street is nightmare , because most are too lazy to seek out a parking spot off the high street and walk …!!!!

The rumoured revamp of the high street [ remember all the publicity 2016 and 2017 ] has yet to happen ,that's if it ever will ..!!
Last edited by camionpilot on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby nannyabroad » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Totally agree Camionpilot.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby JOHNNOBEV » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi Glassfull, Thank you for taking the time to respond.
I was not aware that there was not a ‘NO ENTRY’ sign at the other end.
However, my viewpoint of the road is as follows.
a. Due to the parking there is very little road width and it would not possible for 2 vehicles to pass each other.
b. With herring-bone parking for the full length of the road, designed for easy drive in and drive out parking without any undue manoeuvring and also easy exiting.
c. Also, the width at the entrance would make it very difficult for 2 vehicles to pass easily.
JOHNNOBEV

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA