Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Itv for cars

Itv for cars

Postby shirlie anne » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi guys my itv was due at end of nov to be renewed.. however i took it on the day it was due only to be told my ficha tecnica paperwork was not in the holder where the rest of my paperwork was... mystery that is however.. question is how long can you drive the car without a valid itv certificate? And how do i go about getting a new ficha tecnica? Thanks all very much
shirlie anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Re: Itv for cars

Postby PeteKnight » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:07 pm

You can’t legally drive your vehicle after the ITV has expired, except to take it for a booked ITV appointment.
You’re also invalidating your insurance if you drive without a current roadworthiness certificate, so you may not be covered if you have an accident.

It sounds like the document that you’ve lost is the eITV certificate, which specifies the details of the vehicle and records the ITV inspections on the back. Modern ones are a sheet of white A4 paper with a barcode in the top left hand corner. Older ones are green and smaller.
According to this guide:
https://www.costablancaforum.com/area/almorad%C3%AD-spain-11/driving-hire-buying-owning-car-licences-documents-itv-testing-in-almorad%C3%AD-14/jims-guide-replacing-lost-or-stolen-vehicle-documents-45562/
replacements are issued by the ITV station, but come from the Trafico office.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby marcliff » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:11 pm

Yes, if you go to the ITV office where it was previously tested they will give you a form to complete (and help you complete it) and they will apply for a new one at trafico.
And, no, there is no grace period for driving a car without an ITV unless, as PeterKnight says, you are going to a pre-booked appointment.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby jpeg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:53 pm

There is no grace period even if you have booked an appointment you will have to have a Grua take the car to the test station, the car can not be driven on a road without an ITV certificate in force under no circumstances
The information in the above posts is incorrect ,
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby marcliff » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:05 pm

You're correct jpeg. I was reading the site dealing with ITV and it says if your vehicle fails its ITV you have 2 weeks in which to take it back for a retest. It did say this was allowed and you could drive it to the test centre.
However, looking at the GC site then it links to the actual law which makes no provision for driving it after the ITV has expired. So that two weeks only applies if the ITV hasn't expired.
Sorry for any confusion.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby shirlie anne » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:12 pm

Hey thanks very much guy's its very much appreciated.. one more thing tho can the car be lifted from the street for now having no itv?? Im going to the itv centre 1st thing in the morning ro try and get this sorted.. many thanks
shirlie anne

Postby shirlie anne » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi guy's im all sorted now went to the itv station again he got a duplicate ficha tecnica.. car got thru its itv with a few advisory notes nothing major tho so all sorted thanks all for yoyr advise
shirlie anne