Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Post Brexit travel to EU to cost €7 for 3 years access

Discuss your questions about the EU and Brexit and what it means for Quesada and Spain

Re: Post Brexit travel to EU to cost €7 for 3 years access

Postby mondo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:46 am

Should be fun the immigration queues ... better bring your kindles...

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Glassfull » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:43 am

Great post marcliff.

It sums up my first question, ‘I wonder what hoops we might have to jump through’ very well. And, there are so many variables too.

Residency for less than five years might get looked at differently than Residency for more than five years.

And it’s all well and good Valencia saying something or even Spain making noises but, these ‘agreements’ might not become uniform accross the EU.

Unsettling times I’m afraid, unless, May has the courage to call a second referendum to see how the public thinks now.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby lexia » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Marcliff there is no such thing as permanent Residency. You are a Resident or not. Also you are not a Resident unless you have registered for Tax for at least three year's. The two go together. The ABOGADOS and other's have put the Permanent Residencia out on the street's just to get more work.! The Spanish Government are in talks about giving us some sort of ID card like we had 20 year's ago.
lexia

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:09 pm

lexia wrote:Marcliff there is no such thing as permanent Residency. You are a Resident or not. Also you are not a Resident unless you have registered for Tax for at least three year's. The two go together. The ABOGADOS and other's have put the Permanent Residencia out on the street's just to get more work.! The Spanish Government are in talks about giving us some sort of ID card like we had 20 year's ago.

Rubbish. I have taken out permanent residency in Spain and I have a card saying so.
The British Consulate site even shows you how to do so
After being registered as a resident for 5 years, you canapply to be a permanent resident of Spain.

It is also part of the EU regulations and the bottom of the EX18 form has a box marked:

RESIDENCIA PERMANENTE
O Residencia permanente en España durante 5 años

So if there's no permanent residency why do a. I have a card stating residente permanente, b. the Consulate says you can c. the EU has a ruling about it and d. it's on the EX18 application form?

EU Acquiring the Right of Permanent Residency

(Note is saysThis is different from theregistration certificatewhich is compulsory in many countries. Thepermanent residence document isnot compulsory.)

Of course, the EU states that you simply need to be resident in a EU country for a continuous 5 years and you become a permanent resident but I applied for the card as a sort of belt and braces thing. And it cost me €12,80 so no abogados are making a fortune out of me.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby elchedave » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:11 pm

marcliff wrote:
lexia wrote:Marcliff there is no such thing as permanent Residency. You are a Resident or not. Also you are not a Resident unless you have registered for Tax for at least three year's. The two go together. The ABOGADOS and other's have put the Permanent Residencia out on the street's just to get more work.! The Spanish Government are in talks about giving us some sort of ID card like we had 20 year's ago.

Rubbish. I have taken out permanent residency in Spain and I have a card saying so.
The British Consulate site even shows you how to do so
After being registered as a resident for 5 years, you canapply to be a permanent resident of Spain.

It is also part of the EU regulations and the bottom of the EX18 form has a box marked:

RESIDENCIA PERMANENTE
O Residencia permanente en España durante 5 años

So if there's no permanent residency why do a. I have a card stating residente permanente, b. the Consulate says you can c. the EU has a ruling about it and d. it's on the EX18 application form?

EU Acquiring the Right of Permanent Residency

(Note is saysThis is different from theregistration certificatewhich is compulsory in many countries. Thepermanent residence document isnot compulsory.)

Of course, the EU states that you simply need to be resident in a EU country for a continuous 5 years and you become a permanent resident but I applied for the card as a sort of belt and braces thing. And it cost me €12,80 so no abogados are making a fortune out of me.

Marcliff, i too thought "rubbish" when i read that
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby jpeg » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Correct Marcliff
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby viking » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi Marcliff,

Did you do the Permanent Residency yourself for the price you've quoted,or use an intermediary ?
viking

Postby marcliff » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:11 pm

viking wrote:Hi Marcliff,

Did you do the Permanent Residency yourself for the price you've quoted,or use an intermediary ?

By myself at Elche. Very easy, just took some time for the appointment to come through. Applied in May and got an appointment for August which was cancelled until the end of September.
Just took everything I could think of but made sure I download the payment form first (tasa 790-12) and paid at the bank which was €12,80.
No problems, just took note of my NIE number, passport, up to date padron and bank details to show how long I'd had the account for.
Didn't ask for my SIP card and I'd taken a copy of my S1 just in case.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby viking » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:41 am

Thank you,that's good to know.
viking

Postby Sillysocks » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:01 pm

Glassful I presume you are living in Spain and do not fully understand what is going on in the uk we have young people who can not get work and are unable to get council houses due to to many foreigners living in our country and the uk have had enough myself and a lot of other people hope we leave with no deal as the uk will be better off yes it will be tough until it settle down but eventually we will get our country back we own a house in spain and accept it will cost us more but that’s not a problem we will accept that
Why do you think Mrs May should have a second referendum we have voted once it’s what the British people want we do not need a second referendum
Yes things will be unsettled for some time and we accept that
Sillysocks

Which part of Spain are you from?: WORCESTER

PreviousNext