Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Post Brexit travel to EU to cost €7 for 3 years access

Discuss your questions about the EU and Brexit and what it means for Quesada and Spain

Re: Post Brexit travel to EU to cost €7 for 3 years access

Postby Benjy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Well sillysocks. You are right, we had a referendum and the people voted to leave the Eu and you agree with Mrs May that once the people have voted we should honour the vote. On that basis, are you advocating that when we have a general election and the people vote for a certain party that we should never have another general election because the people have already voted. That’s what your statement intimates. People are allowed to change their minds, and as with a general election they should be given the chance to decide for themselves. That is democracy, and may I remind you that the referendum was NOT legally binding.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby garysl » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:04 pm

young people who can not get work and are unable to get council houses due to to many foreigners living in our country
And those young people are, according to all the polls, 83% to 17% in favour of staying in the EU.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Benjy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:21 pm

:text-goodpost:
Benjy

Postby Glassfull » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:05 am

Sillysocks wrote:Glassful I presume you are living in Spain and do not fully understand what is going on in the uk we have young people who can not get work and are unable to get council houses due to to many foreigners living in our country and the uk have had enough myself and a lot of other people hope we leave with no deal as the uk will be better off yes it will be tough until it settle down but eventually we will get our country back we own a house in spain and accept it will cost us more but that’s not a problem we will accept that
Why do you think Mrs May should have a second referendum we have voted once it’s what the British people want we do not need a second referendum
Yes things will be unsettled for some time and we accept that

You are quite correct, we voted once and that was in ‘75 and we voted to remain as part of Europe.

Sadly, you are confused as to why the young, who by the way want to remain in the EU, have difficulty today in getting work or finding housing. Those problems are and have been to fault of various British Governments and Companies.

The sale of council houses reduced the housing stock. Councils being denied the opportunity to build council houses kept the stock low.

Companies like Dyson, Kraft (Cadbury) sent their production abroad.

The ills that you list are not created by a few foreigners, they are home grown. However, the press, that aligns itself to the right of politics, exaggerates a few instances and fabricates a monster that doesn’t exist.

Also for your information, we have property in the UK and four daughters and eight grandchildren there too, so we are not out of touch, far from it, we are concerned for their future. But we take time to analyse the news and the media and seek out the truth, rather than some, in the UK, the Tommy Robinson acolytes that not only accept garbage but believe it.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Benjy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:14 am

:text-goodpost:
Benjy

Postby Babu » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:22 am

:text-goodpost: Glassful and Garysl . . . . it amazes me that people who had an individual vote in the referendum now claim to speak for Millions of others as to why they voted how they did and what they are prepared to endure now that reality is rearing its head.
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby blingle » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Glassfull wrote:Sadly, you are confused as to why the young, who by the way want to remain in the EU, have difficulty today in getting work or finding housing.

Hi Glassfull.

As the 2016 referendum voting cards did not contain the name or age of the voter, can I ask what proof you have (apart from paper talk) that the young wanted to remain in the EU?

Not sure how many "young" were asked their opinion after they'd voted...and if 4 were asked, and 3 said they'd voted "leave", that does NOT mean that 75% of the "young" voted to leave. It means that 75% of that SAMPLE voted "leave"...IF they told the truth.

As an aside...I have a 19 year old daughter and a 21 year old son. They were both taught about how to handle finances. Both now have jobs...the 21 year old works around 100 miles away from us, and owns his own home (mortgaged). His salary is modest - around £16000. The mortgage and bills are paid, he goes out a fair bit, and he still has savings at the end of the month. The 19 year old is on a lower salary, but rents her own flat about 40 miles away from us.

So...both are technically in "poverty", but neither of them complain. They were also willing to move away from the area they were brought up in in order to (in my son's case anyway) get a foot on the property ladder.

The 21 year old, by the way, voted "leave".

Maybe he's not considered as "young"...
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Glassfull » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Babu wrote::text-goodpost: Glassful and Garysl . . . . it amazes me that people who had an individual vote in the referendum now claim to speak for Millions of others as to why they voted how they did and what they are prepared to endure now that reality is rearing its head.

Pre June ‘16, the warnings, from those of us wanted to remain, were labelled ‘Project Fear’ by Brexiters.

But now, we’re being told by Brexiters that we WILL suffer hardships because all our warnings went unheeded. What happened to “nothing will change”, “we’re to important to ignore”, “they can’t afford not to do business with us”?

There’s nothing for a Brexiter to fear from another referendum, if they truely believe they’ll win the day. The problem is for them, as I see it, they got lucky once and they now it but they also know that the Nation is now, a lot more informed and can’t be hoodwinked again.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:48 pm

A lot of people who voted didn't really know what they were voting for. The deal hadn't been negotiated, the deal and the referendum were in the wrong order. Negotiations first then a vote, that's how I think it should have been done
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby polop » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:52 pm

Well out of our hands now ,up to our elected representative, unfortunately they all don't seem to know what to do...
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

PreviousNext