Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Cream Sherry

Re: Cream Sherry

Postby jpeg » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:48 pm

How much was the Glyva please and what size
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby marcliff » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:28 pm

€20 a litre. (Think it might have been €20.02 or something silly).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Shiva » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:55 pm

marcliff wrote:I have just been to the bodega in Los Montesinos, the one just past the DIY store as you enter. I went to get a bottle of Glayva which is my favourite tipple for Christmas and New Year.

They have a whole rack of different sherries. One row is all cream sherries from pale cream upwards. Another is full of Pedro Ximinez from fino to dulce. This, along with everything else they sell (beers from Guinness, Coors, Peroni and all the Spanish ones) etc has now made this my favourite shop in the whole of Spain. Not to mention the displays of cheeses, hams and gourmet crisps and snacks

Got a bottle of Glayva, a bottle of Offley's Ruby port and a 12 pack of Mahou for 35 euro.
Sherry ranged from about 5 euro a bottle upwards with most of the cream sherries around 6 to 8 euro.

Sounds like "died and went to heaven" territory. Definitely somewhere that needs to be on on my " urgent appointment" list...so is it on the way in direction from past Valentin Garden centre?
Shiva

Postby marcliff » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Past the garden centre then the slip road on the right that takes you to the hotel and DIY shop. Follow the road around and there is a big sign on the corner saying Bodega/Wine Shop 50 metres. Just up on the right. Huge warehouse but the entrance to the shop is quite small and quite easily missed.
Like Aladdin's Cave when you walk in, though.
marcliff

Postby Shiva » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:32 pm

:text-thankyouyellow:
marcliff wrote:Past the garden centre then the slip road on the right that takes you to the hotel and DIY shop. Follow the road around and there is a big sign on the corner saying Bodega/Wine Shop 50 metres. Just up on the right. Huge warehouse but the entrance to the shop is quite small and quite easily missed.
Like Aladdin's Cave when you walk in, though.
Shiva

Postby kathyl » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:02 pm

Canales supermarket on Avda Costa Azul usually sells it. Spainish sherry is a bt like paint stripper
kathyl

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Madcatwoman » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:10 pm

Just come home from work and have had a great laugh reading all these posts......thanks for ending my day on a high note!lol!
Madcatwoman

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Siesta

Postby marcliff » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:36 pm

kathyl wrote:Canales supermarket on Avda Costa Azul usually sells it. Spainish sherry is a bt like paint stripper

It's all Spanish sherry. Regardless if you buy it in UK, Outer Mongolia or Spain.
It's all Spanish.
marcliff

Postby polop » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:37 pm

I understood that to be called Sherry it has to be produced in Spain, if not it is not Sherry ??
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby Mollywolly » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:14 am

I buy Mercadona’s own brand. I think it taste just like Harvey’s cream, only it costs a fraction of the price!
Mollywolly

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext