Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Water supply, Calle Falla/ Calle Sorolla

Water supply, Calle Falla/ Calle Sorolla

Postby Jean Steel » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi, just come home to no water supply, they say they are doing inspection work in the area. Anyone else affected?
Jean Steel

Re: Water supply, Calle Falla/ Calle Sorolla

Postby walnut » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Is this montemar algorfa?
walnut

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Jean Steel » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:37 pm

No, it is Calle Falla/ Calle Sorolla in Ciudad Quesada. Still no supply, it was okay when we went out at 2pm but no water when we got back at 5pm. I phoned hidraqua and they said they were doing tests in the area.
Jean Steel

Postby Jean Steel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:26 am

Turns out the water meter was read yesterday, they think we have a leak so turned it off. Hope we are not in for a horrendous bill as they only read the meter every 3 months
Jean Steel

Postby andywyatt » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Turn the meter on and if spinning you have a leak, just had a new water pipe fitted myself, e950.00 plus a Water Bill of e1,400 Merry Christmas.
andywyatt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby holly » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:42 am

Please every body check there metre regularly or get a neighbour to check.When you go away please turn water meter off.I'm saying this as we had a leak and he read the metre & left a note of the reading & it was high. We turned water off but the metre was still spinning so we had a leak by our pool.To cut a long story short our bill was €9254.+. We got it fixed & the town hall paid around 30% so dont pay your bill & go to see the water company.We got it fixed before hand & got a report in English & Spanish & gave it to the water company.This happens alot with pools.Hope this will help.But you have to wait awhile for the town hall to have a meeting.
holly

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Jean Steel » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:35 pm

UPDATE- After assurance from a local plumber that the leak was not inside the house, we had to call in Leak Tech to trace the leak in the garden. Turns out it was a burst pipe near the pool. The guys from Leak Tech did a first class job in tracing and repairing. Would highly recommend them.
Jean Steel

Postby JohnES » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:29 am

Have you checked with your house insurance company as some of them cover you for excessive use of water. Typically it is up to €1000/pa.
If you are not covered, perhaps you should consider changing companies when it is due for renewal.
If you do a search top right of this page on 'massive water leak' you will see a previous post sequence on the same problem 21/10/2018.
JohnES

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jean Steel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:54 am

Hi John, thanks for this. We are insured for this, and will be dealing with this now that the holiday period is over. I also spoke to Hidraqua and they have asked us to go to one of their offices to provide them with a report and photos from company who did repairs and they will submit to Town Hall for them to consider a discount on our bill
Jean Steel