Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Types of heating

Re: Types of heating

Postby Molly » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:04 pm

As mentioned the most efficient heating is to use air-con, but be sure to get the cope value. There are a lot of China productions that is installed and they often have a cop of about 3. The best units now a days have a cop of 6. A cop of 6 means that when you use 1 kw you get 6 kw heat.
Molly

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gloverglover15 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi ,
Pellets from Leroy merlin.

Cost of burner differs according to make of Burner, I had a corner Nina burner, supply and fitting was 1900. Different types are on Budget Burners web site or face book.
Gloverglover15

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:43 pm

wow! 1900€,and then you gota feed it pellets , you can buy a lot of electric heat for that @the flick of a switch,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby mondo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Arriving home on a cold night it is lovely to take your shoes off, make a cuppa, put your feet up and stare at a living flame fire.. It doesn´t seem the same toasting your toes with aircon..

Sometimes it is nice to see a flame flickering in the hearth.. for that you need a wood burner or gas....more expensive maybe, but nicer in my opinion..

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Rodt » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Hear hear Mondo, you can't beat a log fire. :D :text-lol:
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby Georges » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Infra Red panels? I installed them recently, but can not give advise for the moment (to short term). I also have airco. With IR there is no air circulation and the temperature difference between the floor and the upper part of the room is almost the same.
Info: http://www.calor-radiante.com/
Georges

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya Nueva

Postby JohnES » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:28 pm

The best form of heating is central heating with a gas fired boiler. Especially now that mains gas is available in many parts of Quesada.
You can programme the boiler so that it comes on before you get up to warm the bathroom and the kitchen which are the rooms you use first thing. You will probably need air-con for the summer so you could use that as suggested for warm air in the winter. It is rather noisy though and it does not suite everyone as it tends to dry the air. If your property does not have an under build the problem may be that you cannot install central heating because of the pipework needed to connect your radiators together. The problem with a log or pellet burner is that they only heat the one room.
JohnES

Postby Spittysmum » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:58 pm

We live in Sax at the moment, and we have two pellet burners, one in the conservatory and one in the guest house. Both very efficient. We’ve had them for about three years now, and wS the best thing we ever did. They are very clean, once cold can be hoovered out so no messy ashes to get rid of. Fir five hours a day , one bag can last three days, so about 1.50 euros a day, if that. We had oil central heating in the main house, but didn’t need it on while we had the conservatory burner on. When we move to Quesada, in March, we are having town gas central heating installed, which will be cleaner and nothing to be delivered. Just press a button, can’t wait!!! Hope this helps..
Spittysmum

Postby Joyce » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:33 am

We have a really good looking gas heater with a flame effect. It's very cost effective and we do not have any problems at all with condensation
Joyce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby quizziecat » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:50 am

I have a small apartment, it had aircon/heating which is fine however I got one oiled filled radiator, didn't think it worked that well honestly but ok to take chill off, then I bought a halogen heater, works fine for us in the small lounge, have the radiator to take chill off bedroom and occasional use of the aircon to give a burst when it got really chilly. We out again in Jan, so fingers crossed it wont be too chilly.
quizziecat

Which part of Spain are you from?: torrevieja

PreviousNext