Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Types of heating

Types of heating

Postby Bevster2604 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi all. I was hoping to get people's recommendations and preferences on types of heating. We are moving to Dona Pepe. We were thinking maybe either portable gas heaters, electric oil filled radiators or electric convector heaters but are happy to take people's advice.
Last edited by Bevster2604 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bevster2604

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Types of heating

Postby Glassfull » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:45 pm

If your AC units are the inverter types, they are the most cost efficient solution
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Bevster2604 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Thank you for your reply. There is no form of heating in the property at the moment so we need to consider the most efficient.
Bevster2604

Postby PeteKnight » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:05 pm

I'd avoid portable gas heaters if at all possible.
They produce a lot of moisture, which tends to make everything feel damp, and can cause mold problems.
More importantly, they produce lots of nasty Products of Combustion, which can kill you. If you do use them the you need to have good ventilation (which defeats the object in a way) and install a good quality carbon monoxide monitor. If you find yourself with a headache and feeling groggy then immediately go outside and get some fresh air, then seek urgent medical advice.

As previously mentioned, inverter aircon units are the best solution, as they warm you in winter, cool you in summer, and are extremely efficient. Many people back these up with the 400w wall mounted panel heaters. These take a while to warm up and to cool down, and they add a thermal mass to the equation that helps to balance out the bursts of heat that you get when the inverter aircion kicks-in.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Bevster2604 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi Pete. Thank you for your frank and informative reply. Greatly appreciated.
Bevster2604

Postby blingle » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:04 pm

Pete's suggestion is what I have.

Modern, efficient air con units, and dry soap-stone thermal emitters.

Toasty!!!
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby PeteKnight » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:19 pm

:text-lol:
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Gloverglover15 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:54 am

Hi

I’ve just had a pellet burner installed by budget burners, who I highly recommend. Bag of pellets which cost about 3.80€ lasts me roughly three days at approx 5 hours a night burning. It’s really clean and easy to use, I’ve always had wood/coal burners in the U.K. but I’m now a convert to pellets.
Gloverglover15

Postby PGA » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:39 pm

Gloverglover15 wrote:Hi

I’ve just had a pellet burner installed by budget burners, who I highly recommend. Bag of pellets which cost about 3.80€ lasts me roughly three days at approx 5 hours a night burning. It’s really clean and easy to use, I’ve always had wood/coal burners in the U.K. but I’m now a convert to pellets.

Currently researching wood burner -v- pellet burners etc.

I would be interested to hear as to the cost of your installation? Also, can you advise where you buy the pellets?

There is a romanticism surrounding the idea of a wood burner aesthetically but the pellet burners have come a long way in recent times in that they look a lot better and less industrial than they once did.
PGA

Postby Bevster2604 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Thank you for reply. Unfortunately due to the type of house we can't have a pellet/log burner but thank you for your input. Greatly appreciated x
Bevster2604

Next