Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Log Burner door.

Log Burner door.

Postby dr.doolittle » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:59 pm

Having problems with our log burner door, the locking handle is very stiff i have tried WD40 without any joy, any advice would be welcome,
dr.doolittle

Re: Log Burner door.

Postby maxiestaxi » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:48 pm

Have you just replaced the fire retardant seal? If so, you may have to loosen the bolts on the handle, re position it so there is more give, and then re tighten. Otherwise I can offer no more info. Good luck.
maxiestaxi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby dr.doolittle » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:55 pm

maxiestaxi wrote:Have you just replaced the fire retardant seal? If so, you may have to loosen the bolts on the handle, re position it so there is more give, and then re tighten. Otherwise I can offer no more info. Good luck.

dr.doolittle

Postby mondo » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:56 pm

Can you undo the bolt on the handle bit, clean it and put it back together?

If the worst comes to the worst you could take the door to Ambifuego and they will fix it... our door just lifted off...

..good luck
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby dr.doolittle » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:25 pm

mondo wrote:Can you undo the bolt on the handle bit, clean it and put it back together?

If the worst comes to the worst you could take the door to Ambifuego and they will fix it... our door just lifted off...

..good luck
thank you

will give it a go, the handle is very stiff even when open, when its cooled in the morning i will try to get handle off and clean it.
dr.doolittle

Postby Allanm » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi , sorry can’t help you with your problem , but I have a bigger one ,and maybe somebody can point me in the right direction . The glass on my fire broke last year , and We continued using it...mistake .. the door has buckled and I put a new glass in , only for ti to break in 5 minutes ...ouch. 55€ down the drain . Does anybody know where I could get the door straightened , or at worst , replaced
Desperately cold in an old Townhouse . Advise please
Thanks ...
Oh and Feliz Navidad :-)
Allanm

Which part of Spain are you from?: Petrer

Postby mondo » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Allanm wrote:Hi , sorry can’t help you with your problem , but I have a bigger one ,and maybe somebody can point me in the right direction . The glass on my fire broke last year , and We continued using it...mistake .. the door has buckled and I put a new glass in , only for ti to break in 5 minutes ...ouch. 55€ down the drain . Does anybody know where I could get the door straightened , or at worst , replaced
Thanks ...

The glass in our door cracked.. in fact it is not really glass but a special kind of ceramic to withstand the heat... we took the door to Ambifuego and they replaced the glass for us.. not too expensive either..
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby dr.doolittle » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:58 pm

mondo wrote:
Allanm wrote:Hi , sorry can’t help you with your problem , but I have a bigger one ,and maybe somebody can point me in the right direction . The glass on my fire broke last year , and We continued using it...mistake .. the door has buckled and I put a new glass in , only for ti to break in 5 minutes ...ouch. 55€ down the drain . Does anybody know where I could get the door straightened , or at worst , replaced
Thanks ...

The glass in our door cracked.. in fact it is not really glass but a special kind of ceramic to withstand the heat... we took the door to Ambifuego and they replaced the glass for us.. not too expensive either..

Where is the nearest Ambifuego please.
dr.doolittle

Postby jpeg » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Just down the road from Tony Firths old auction
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby dr.doolittle » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:28 pm

jpeg wrote:Just down the road from Tony Firths old auction

dr.doolittle

Next