Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Nice to see

Nice to see

Postby dr.doolittle » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:21 am

Lidl are now selling paper bags instead of plastic ones, 2 cents each, well done Lidl.
dr.doolittle

Re: Nice to see

Postby jpeg » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:40 am

They have been doing that for over a year now
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Jan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Still nice to see.

Primark in UK and Spain have been giving paper carrier bags for years. Can't understand why other shops don't follow suit, not just in Spain.

If you watch up to date programmes from Australia and USA they all use paper bags in their shops. Most people take their own bags but at least if they do need bags there are only environmentally friendly paper ones.

UK has just put all carrier bags up to 10p. That will not work as most younger people do not generally take bags with them and don't care what they spend.

If they just made all stores change to strong paper bags then this will work IMO.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby TonTri » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:04 pm

I bought a couple of paper bags for my shopping in Consum the other day so they are changing too.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby blingle » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:17 pm

I see it like this...

If there's a problem with plastic bags, then ban the manufacture of them.

Until that's done, there's clearly not so much of an issue.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby dr.doolittle » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:28 pm

Jan wrote:Still nice to see.

Primark in UK and Spain have been giving paper carrier bags for years. Can't understand why other shops don't follow suit, not just in Spain.

If you watch up to date programmes from Australia and USA they all use paper bags in their shops. Most people take their own bags but at least if they do need bags there are only environmentally friendly paper ones.

UK has just put all carrier bags up to 10p. That will not work as most younger people do not generally take bags with them and don't care what they spend.

If they just made all stores change to strong paper bags then this will work IMO.

dr.doolittle

Postby dr.doolittle » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:34 pm

jpeg wrote:They have been doing that for over a year now

I have not seen them in there before as we always take " a bag for life with us "
dr.doolittle

Postby Babu » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Just be careful with the paper ones as if you put frozen items in them unprotected the "frosting" on the packaging melts and can make the bag soggy and it splits open . . . as anyone using Primark ones in UK when it rains can tell you :D
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Shiva » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:26 pm

I too used to think paper bags would be more environmentally friendly than plastic ones but sadly, like many issues, it's a bit more complicated than that. A UK environment agency report concluded that in terms of their overall environmental impact a paper bag would need to be reused at least 3 times before it was better for the environment than a single use disposable plastic bag. You can read the report here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... le-in-2006 And your reusable cloth bag needs to be used over 130 times before it starts being better... The thing is that the biggest negative environmentalimpacts are incurred in the use of resources to make the bags and the production processes rather than in managing their disposal. Bit of a bummer, that, when you're wanting to do the 'right thing' . Only partial answer is to reuse everything as much as possible I guess.
Shiva

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:13 pm

I always use the plastic ones for my waste bin and throw it away every evening, probably the same as most people, can't do that with the paper ones
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja