Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Mr and Mrs Quesada fountain

Re: Mr and Mrs Quesada fountain

Postby TonTri » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:15 pm

:text-goodpost:
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Dave c » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:19 pm

Very interesting good post
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm

Quote:
"In 1999 his dream finally became a reality when Ciudad Quesada was awarded their own Town Hall and the city has grown in strength and size ever since."

Where is this Town Hall?
I was berated once, not long ago, for calling the Quesada Municiple Centre the Quesada Town Hall and was informed in no uncertain terms that the only Town Hall for the area was the one in Rojales. We duly changed the title to Municiple centre on this forum.
However I have seen a few posters since saying Quesada Town Hall with a picture of the Municiple Centre....now who is correct??
:text-givemebeer:

town-halls-ayuntamientos-in-quesada-and-the-surrounding-areas-f106/cuidad-quesada-municiple-centre-quesada-costa-blanca-t2465.html
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:38 pm

When we first bought in Spain, we were told that the Male Quesada’s all inherited the best and arable land while the daughters inherited all the poorer scrub land. The story goes that it was the females who were the lucky ones as all their land became far more valuable than the farms owned by their brothers and they had become rich from selling the scrub land for building / development. Now I read this article and realise that this was yet again an urban myth. Honestly, you could not believe a word you here! So pleased to be able to read this interesting piece of history.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Previous