Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Mr and Mrs Quesada fountain

Mr and Mrs Quesada fountain

Postby Billyboy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:31 pm

Just driven past the fountain and workmen are knocking the old tiles off and replacing pipe work . My guess is the fountain will be up and running very soon .
Billyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Mr and Mrs Quesada fountain

Postby Audbro » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:56 pm

Was out walking this morning and noticed the same. Would seem pipe work is being repaired and replaced. Looking forward to seeing this water feature working again. Audbro
Audbro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Rodt » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:35 pm

That will be great, many people ask why it's not working,real attraction for the area :D
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby Janjan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 pm

We used to see them regularly in Torrevieja going into the Mediterranean for Coffee and their Chauffeur driving around the Town waiting for them in the Rolls Royce. A very unassuming couple.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby brandyboy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:33 pm

Pedro Pete wrote:Just for interest, I had the pleasure of knowing both Mr and Mrs Quesada and met with them on many ocassions. Many may not know that the statue you are speaking of was specially commissioned and designed as both Jesus and his wife wanted to leave a lasting monument to the wonderful town, (his words not mine)
The funny thing was that Mr Quesada was a short chap of around 5 foot, and his wife was much taller than he was, so it was decided that in the statue, she would be sitting and he would be standing, so they looked more equal. He really was a man of vision.

Don´t you mean Justo?
brandyboy

Postby Ron Hill » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:55 am

Where exactly is the fountain I don’t recall seeing it
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby cooper67 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:59 am

down by the golf course
cooper67

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby TonTri » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:01 am

Ron Hill wrote:Where exactly is the fountain I don’t recall seeing it

It's on the small roundabout by the La Marquesa Clubhouse and the shops and bars
TonTri

Postby Ron Hill » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:19 am

:text-thankyouyellow: Ton Tri
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Yan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Thanks to Torrevieja Tourist Information:
Justo Quesada was born in Orihuela in 1926 and spent time living in Rojales, Elche and San Miguel de Salinas. While living in San Miguel he met his wife to be Josefina Aniorte with whom he had five children. His childhood dream was to build a holiday city in the vicinity and in 1972, Quesada acquired thousands of hectares of land to the south of the Rojales municipality and initiated the construction of the urbanization of Ciudad Quesada which today features thousands of houses. This project was unique in all Spain since it had both a golf course and an aerodrome and all five of his children were involved in the business.

Almost 30 years ago, in March 1989, when Torrevieja had a population of around 12,000 and Quesada was just developing Justo Quesada designed and constructed a new golf course in Rojales with the name of Club de Golf Quesada. In 1994 the name changed to La Marquesa, which just happened to be the area where he first met his wife, Josefina! In 1999 his dream finally became a reality when Ciudad Quesada was awarded their own Town Hall and the city has grown in strength and size ever since.

Justo Quesada was one of the pioneering real estate promoters in the Valencian Community. He received Costa Blanca Tourism Award in 1991, Jaguar Award for the Best Spanish Developer in 1999, Alicante Chamber of Commerce Award for the Prestige Rating Book, local and national awards over the years. Although he had delegated the management of his companies to his children family he maintained an interest in the development of the city in spite of his age. Justo Quesada Samper may have passed on but his name will forever remain in the forefront of Spanish tourism and property development in Spain through his concept; Ciudad Quesada.
Yan

Next