Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Oil fired central heating

Oil fired central heating

Postby maryann » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:42 pm

Does anybody have oil fired central heating? Is it easy to get installed here and to obtain the oil? Is it very expensive to run? Grateful for comments please.
maryann

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Re: Oil fired central heating

Postby Glassfull » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:34 pm

For installation, we’d recommend Premier Heating 966864673. They installed our oil fired central heating last April. Terry, the proprietor, handled our job, he was efficient and tidy. Their pricing is competitive and beat other, more local, companies.

As for oil, Premier handle you needs by interfacing with a supplier so, a refill is just a phone call away.

Terry can be reached direct on 677755123.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby The Rower » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:51 am

My Father had it installed about 3 years ago and has had continual problems with the boiler and a couple of radiators have started leaking.

He usually orders 500 Euros of oil and that would get him through the winter with frugal usage.

It’s a small system that only heats the bottom of his villa. He didn’t shop around and paid 6000 Euros for it without a timer. Given the choice now, he would not have had it installed.
The Rower

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Laura » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:05 am

Hi,

Maryann, our oil fired central heating was already installed in our house when we bought it but I can say the oil is very easy to get. We use CEPSA and they normally come the following day with a morning or afternoon spot. We heat all our house and like it very warm and this costs us around £35 per week.

With oil fired, it should be serviced and cleaned every year to stop it getting clogged up.

Tower, our system is old with no timer and the boiler is not in the house which was hassle for turning on and off. We bought a WiFi plug from media Markt which has solved this. You can set the timer and turn off and on from an app on your phone.

Laura
Laura
Picture contest entrant
Picture contest entrant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Glassfull » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:27 am

Maryann, I should add that our system is fully controlled by a wireless programmer/thermometer.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi -- I echo what Glassfull said regarding Premier and Terry the owner, fantastic guy and very helpfull, personally I would not go any where else. We had our oil boiler replaced by them and now even more efficent and certainley does not cost 35 euros a week to run...........
Jabberwocky

Which part of Spain are you from?: Close to Torrevieja

Postby Billyboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:17 pm

After a couple of bad experiences with English plumbers over the years who told me my oil fired boiler was no good , blah blah blah - I only now use Pedro ( chap with the hand missing ) in Los Montisenos - he owns the DIY shop on the right , next to the hotel . He or one of his guys will do the work and he will issue a certificate for the boiler - gas or oil . Touch wood my original boiler is still running fine .
Billyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby maryann » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:53 pm

Thank you all for your very helpful comments re: oil central heating. Much appreciated.
maryann

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa