Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Upgrade Electricity Capacity

Re: Upgrade Electricity Capacity

Postby ajf1950 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks Elplando - That’s the plan.
ajf1950

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta 2 Quesada

Postby Jan & Tony » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:37 pm

HI,

Up to last month (Jan 2019) we had the same problem so were advised as follows:-

Upgrade cabling to kitchen to handle a higher load, cost us 120€ plus 140€ for the certificate that has to be presented to your supplier, in our case, Iberdrola.

On visiting their office in Torrevieja (there is one in Almoradi as well) we increased the contracted allowance, ours is now 9200 W but we were charged 269€ for the pleasure.

Our bill has increased slightly due to the higher power rate, but we´ve had no cut outs since so are happy but a little peeved at the costings, but there you go.

One question though, does anyone know, on average, how much a monthly electric bill for two people with average usage for a three bedroom property should be? Ours is currently hovering around the 90€ mark, a little high methinks!

Thanks in advance.

Jan
Jan & Tony

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby marcliff » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:54 pm

The cost of a 9.2Kw supply alone, including IVA, will be around 40 euro a month. That's without using any electricity at all. (That's a 40A supply, by the way, which is rather a lot more than required for a residential property).
Mine is about 24 euro a month for a 5.75Kw supply (25A and nothing trips out even at high use periods) for a 3 bed with 2 of us here.
Our last bill was 68 euro (using the aircon for heating rather a lot) so take the 24 away from that and it is 44 euro for the electricity, meter rental. tax and other things they grab you for.
Yours is take the 40 from the 90 and it's about 50 euro so not much difference, really.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby ajf1950 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:21 pm

Thanks for the continuing comments. We are back out in March so will start by getting the fuses checked then take it from there and maybe get an upgrade from current 5.75kw to next level.
Interestingly only seems to be a pronlem in the winter when we use the ac units for heating. In the summer when we use them for cooling we dont have any problem. Does any one know do the ac units use more power for heating than cooling ?
ajf1950

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta 2 Quesada

Postby richardlionheart » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:12 pm

My Ac uses 1200W to cool and 1600W to heat
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Previous