Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Free sat box. which one is best

Free sat box. which one is best

Postby Nikon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:38 am

Hi all
We have inherited a tv box which is a free view box. It seems it’s frozen and stopped working boshmann. Which would you advise to buy most helpful please. Is it best to bring one from the Uk or purchase one from Spain. We don’t have the internet, has we tether from our phones to use the internet or are other people having a issue with this type of boxes advice or welcome
your advice
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Free sat box. which one is best

Postby marcliff » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:46 am

They don't have Freesat boxes in Spain. They have satellite boxes but not Freesat ones.
Most of the satellite boxes here have very poor quality electronic programme guides (EPG) and will give loads of other channels apart from the Freesat one which may not be what you want.

Humax boxes are excellent and you can either get a single feed box for around £90 or a dual feed for recording at about twice that price. There are always plenty for sale at auctions here or on sites such as this.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby winktype » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:18 pm

Humax Freesat boxes are excellent. Of course you would need a dish large enough to get UK programmes, but once up and running totally free. Freeview boxes are basically for UK freeview channels, so it would not work in Spain, although it may if working get Spanish terrestrial channels, not sure? Go for a dual feed, so you can record corrie whilst hubbie is watching foorball :D
winktype

Which part of Spain are you from?: France

Postby JohnES » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:57 pm

There is a little confusion here. I had a Humax Freesat box installed several years ago by someone from Daya Vieja. It receives all the free to air channels from Astra 2 with no problem. I do not think the shop in Daya Vieja is still open so you will have to find another supplier.
You could make inquiries at Go Satellite on Los Arcos to see if they offer the Humax box.
JohnES

Postby LeeG » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Check to see if you need a set top box, the latest tv's have a built in decoder.
LeeG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera del Segur

Postby Nikon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:53 pm

That’s a good point lee. Thanks
Nikon

Postby Ron Hill » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:06 am

Ask Paul from television technology who advertise on this forum. I’ve been getting loads of info from their man Graham on IPTV recently they certainly know their stuff and I’ll be going to them for a system when I’m ready
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby jpeg » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:40 am

Paul and Graham are the same person
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby JohnES » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:52 am

There is a company called Digital Satellite Systems who are now offering the Humax Freesat twin tuner receivers for installation as well as Sky boxes. I believe that they are based up at Finestrat but they do install in this area. Tel. 965866999 or 966804748.
There is also a company called British TV who offer Freesat installations but you would have to check if they mean the Humax box with Freesat software or just free sat. channels from another box. Tel. 965666206
JohnES