Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Easter 2019

Easter 2019

Postby Sasta » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:28 am

Does anyone have any recommendations for things to do and places to visit in April 2019 around the Easter time?
Sasta

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Easter 2019

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:39 am

Every evening, in Torrevieja, there are magnificent processions depicting the lead up to the crucifixion. The whole thing is lovely and it is always watched by throngs of people. We managed to get a good viewing point close to the church where the procession begins. Naturally, the conclusion on Easter Sunday is very special .
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Martin the artist » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Don't forget there are processions every night in Rojales too during Semana Santa!
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Murt » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi Martin

Do you happen to know when the biggest parade (the one with all the floats etc) over Easter will be on and what time in the night will it be running from?.

Thanks
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby Martin the artist » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:06 pm

Its a late Easter this year and the good Friday (large) procession will therefore be on 19th April starting around 7pm from Rojales church around the streets before returning.
But there are other good processions during the week too - e.g. the palm procession on April 14th Middayish, general procession on the Wed (17th) with about 6 or 7 cofradias, the silent procession on the Thursday evening - around 10pm - when they black out the town centre and an eerie foghorn is heard occasionally, before they process up to the 3 crosses to re-enact the crucifixion at 1 am.
And then there's the resurrection re-enactment on Sunday 21st in the town centre around midday.
I will paste up full programme when I have it.
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Beesknees » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:43 pm

To be arranged as yet full details to follow possible an Easter egg hunt on Lo Crispin urbanisation on Easter Sunday starting from Lo Crispin Tavern for children and adults to participate also food will be available to purchase from the tavern from lunch time onwards.
Beesknees

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin