Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

N.I.F. ? any info please

N.I.F. ? any info please

Postby Eltel01 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:37 am

Having had the N.I.E. s (for my self and my wife) for a couple of years now, I have come across my Bank requiring my N.I.F. (?) apparently it is not the same as the NIE it has to have 8 numerics only ? Can anyone explain where I can find or deduce it from please ?

Gracias y Saludos

Tel.
Eltel01

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada (will be)

Re: N.I.F. ? any info please

Postby Babu » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:02 pm

My NIF was issued by my Bank when I first opened my account with them at time of property purchase. It is printed on the (very numerous) documents they gave me at the time. If you still have your original docs it'll be on there.
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Eltel01 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:23 pm

Many thanks Babu
Eltel01

Postby Ruben QHR » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:43 am

Hi Eltel01,

In Spain there are different types of identification NIE (this means identification number of the foreigner), DNI (national identity document) and many times you will find NIF (tax identification number), the tax identification number is the document with which you are identified in Spain, in your specific case your NIF is your NIE, in case you were Spanish your NIF would be the DNI.
Simply that in documents related to taxes will always appear NIF, but refers to your identity document in Spain.
Ruben QHR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Eltel01 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 am

Thanks Ruben

My bank (Caixa) has a form to fill out in order to email them (can't use phone) but teir mandatory field is NIF. and has to be 8 Numeric long so my NIE is prefixed with and suffixed with Alpha numeric characters (1 each end) and the numbers are only seven, so that is rejected in error each time as they require 8 numbers.
Tricky when you can't phone them up.
Thanks
Tel
Eltel01

Postby Andrea Murphy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:10 pm

Eltel01 - On your on line banking you can leave a message for LaCaixa bank and they will get back to you. Also, when you are next in the bank go around the desks and take a card for the people at the desks, that will show you an email number for you to contact for that person. If you query is not for that person ask them to forward your email to the person it is for. I have an email contact number for LaCaixa bank and always get a reply within 24 hours via email. Good luck
Andrea Murphy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby TonTri » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:41 pm

Eltel01 wrote:Thanks Ruben

My bank (Caixa) has a form to fill out in order to email them (can't use phone) but teir mandatory field is NIF. and has to be 8 Numeric long so my NIE is prefixed with and suffixed with Alpha numeric characters (1 each end) and the numbers are only seven, so that is rejected in error each time as they require 8 numbers.
Tricky when you can't phone them up.
Thanks
Tel

Have you tried just the numbers with a 0 at the beginning? I ready somewhere that in some cases you may need to add zeros to your NIE number
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Eltel01 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:54 pm

Thanks Andrea but I have to say I have been searching for any way to communicate to them and cannot see what you mean. .. just re=-checking and Yes got it under the icon 'Hola Bank' Thank you very much.
best regards
Tel
Eltel01