Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car/Motorbike regestration

Car/Motorbike regestration

Postby nelly » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:46 pm

Hi All, I am moving over to live in the area of Rojales and was wondering if anybody could let me know the approx.. costs involve in changing the plates/registration on my vehicles to Spanish plates?
nelly

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Car/Motorbike regestration

Postby Ginger » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:39 pm

We always take an interpreter, even if the doctor speaks English you have to remember it is a second language and they can, and do, slip up, an interpretereillwuickly query anything that fiesn’t sound right. Also doctors that speak English on first visit oftendon’t On the second visit leaving you bewildered. It just isn’t worth risking and having to await another appointment.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby elchedave » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:21 pm

Ginger wrote:We always take an interpreter, even if the doctor speaks English you have to remember it is a second language and they can, and do, slip up, an interpretereillwuickly query anything that fiesn’t sound right. Also doctors that speak English on first visit oftendon’t On the second visit leaving you bewildered. It just isn’t worth risking and having to await another appointment.

What has that got to do with vehicle registration???????
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby phil dean » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:52 pm

hi with regards the motorbike I have just brought mine over and what you need is an eu type on your v5 also to get an mot for the first time everything has to be original on bike no mods at all. Not really sure on cars only know it can be expensive depending on type and age of car, in the end we bought a car over here less hassle but seconhand cars are are more expensive than england hope this helps Phil
phil dean

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Black » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:13 pm

My car cost about €600 all in, but there are a lot of variables. That includes paying €80 to the company that arranged everything.

My bike being pre-2000, seems to be more problematic. If it doesn't have a type approval on the V5 (as mentioned above) then the process is apparently more complicated.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby nelly » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:43 pm

Hi Guys, thanks for your in input does the bike still require a MOT as its a 2017 GS Adventure. Does it not have to be a certain age before requiring one, is it not ten years old or is this just for cars?
nelly

Postby Black » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:59 pm

You will need an ITV test (similar to MOT) as part of the importation process.

Normally the first one is not due until the vehicle is 4 years old- thereafter every 2 years until the vehicle is 10 years old. After that it's an annual test.

In your case you would need the initial ITV test, then begin the normal process from 4 years on.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby nelly » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:03 pm

Cheers, thanks for your help much appreciated.
nelly

Postby Sylwina » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:15 pm

J
elchedave wrote:
Ginger wrote:We always take an interpreter, even if the doctor speaks English you have to remember it is a second language and they can, and do, slip up, an interpretereillwuickly query anything that fiesn’t sound right. Also doctors that speak English on first visit oftendon’t On the second visit leaving you bewildered. It just isn’t worth risking and having to await another appointment.

What has that got to do with vehicle registration???????

Why are people so quick to criticise? Ginger is obviously responding to the next question about needing an interpreter for hospital appointment. She made a slight mistake in responding to the wrong post. But she is trying to help and is contributing something unlike some who just want score points.
Sylwina