Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Convenio Especial

Convenio Especial

Postby jules1 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:17 pm

Are people paying for Convenio Especial still having this payment taken from their bank accounts each month? I know that eventually these payments will cease and believe Andalucia are the first to implement this but just wondering if anybody has any more info.
jules1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Re: Convenio Especial

Postby nigelandkath » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:36 pm

no we are still paying and still waiting for Valencia generalitat to do the right thing and quash the convenio as it should be, as Andalucia has done a few months back. Me thinks Valencia is stalling waiting on March 29. Considering this was all changed back in August last year its terrible that Valencia has not adopted the Royal Decree. Plus try getting an answer from Alicante and you get stone walled. Check CAB spain for updates which are few currently.
nigelandkath

Which part of Spain are you from?: torre la mata

Re: Convenio Especial

Postby Paulr » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:06 pm

Valencia may appear to be stalling, but the responsibility for enacting the Royal Decree actually sits with the INSS (Spain's department for social security), who are supposed to instruct the regional governments. INSS has been allowed to get away with this before and it seems to be ignoring the new legislation too, which is why Andalucia is doing its own thing. People in that region, who had submitted their Convenio Especial applications before the new law was introduced, have had their applications rejected and contributions refunded. The bottom line is that you have to have healthcare provision, so if and when your payments are cancelled, perhaps you'll be able to claim a refund, backdated to the introduction of the new law.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera