Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

Postby Niktam » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:39 pm

If you have your cholesterol checked and it is raised even by a fraction above the recommended level you will have a problem. Travel insurance companies ask the question have you ever had raised cholesterol so even if the level is not raised now the fact that it was raised is still on your record.
It doesn't matter if you aren't on medication or don't have high blood pressure but the fact on your record is that you did have a raised level.
My Dad's 94 and he has never had it checked sounds like a good idea to me and he must of eaten tons of cheese,red meat and fried breakfasts.
Niktam

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: Travel Insurance

Postby Glassfull » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:39 pm

That’s about standard for the insurance industry, offer cheap insurance then bulking it up.

Pre existing conditions, bulk it up
Wrong post code, bulk it up,
Had a claim, bulk it up
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Travel Insurance

Postby marcliff » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:59 pm

We have used GlobeLink travel insurance for several years now. They do not charge extra for high (or low) Blood Pressure or high cholesterol along with a lot of other pre existing conditions.
Trouble is age is the big factor. Ours has been shooting up since age 65 and now, at 70, it has really gone high.
I should imagine a 94 year old would be very expensive even with no pre-existing conditions.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2