Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Tv different language

Tv different language

Postby Kenbo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:54 pm

Sat dish tv system.
How do you change tv/receiver to a different nationality?
Kenbo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

Re: Tv different language

Postby PeteKnight » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:57 pm

I'm guessing that you've inherited a TV system where everything is in Russian or something?

Best bet is to google the make/model/model of TV and Sat Box and see how to navigate to the language settings screen.
If you're also wanting to change the type of channels that you receive so that you get UK channels then this might be possible - it depends on the Sat box and where the dish is pointing. Downloading the manual for your Sat box is a good starting point.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Kenbo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:38 am

Hi Pete
Thanks for your reply
Currently we are set up for everything English and always has been.
My dilemma is that we will be having an elderly Norwegian lady staying very soon and would like to have Norwegian channels for a few weeks and then back to English when she leaves, I can't see the model numbers of the equipment as I am uk based.
Kenbo

Postby manxmunk » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:41 am

You could give Go satellite a ring in Quesada, I've found them really helpful in the past.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby earlybay » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:50 am

Amazon fire tv (spain) offers a variety of films, programmes in different languages. (Go to settings)
earlybay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby PeteKnight » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:20 am

I think you'll find that the satellites that transmit the Norwegian TV channels are in a different position in the sky to the ones that are used to transmit Sky/UK FreeSat channels. The dish would need to be re-aligned (assuming that the the dish can achieve a clear view of that part of the sky). You may also need a different type of LNB, and if the transmission footprint of the satellite doesn't cover Spain then reception may not be possible at all.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Postby Kenbo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Pete,
As well as posting on here I also asked a couple of tv techies over in Spain by email.
Your info is spot on and consistent with what they have said.
You seem to know so much about so many different things, may I ask what your background is ?
Of course you do not have to answer that lol
Kenbo

Postby PeteKnight » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:40 am

Kenbo wrote:Pete,
may I ask what your background is ?

I'm a self taught jack of all trades!
In my work career I've been a professional photographer in the mining industry, a housing manager and an IT manager/consultant.
I'm now retired (but still in my 50's) and have an interest in anything to do with technology.

Good to hear that I was right about the satellite thing, but a bit of a pain for your old Norwegian lady. As suggested, some sort of Amazon TV or IPTV solution would probably work, but getting that set up in a short time wont be easy or cheap and it might not be worth it if it's just a short visit.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Postby Kenbo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:01 am

Retiring in your 50's is a fortunate thing....me too, even nicer to be doing it in Spain, I am currently listening to howling winds and rain in the uk.
I have had to explain to my Norwegian lady that her channels won't be possible, I cant justify the installation costs involved with internet and on top of that IPTV as it is a holiday home and not occupied enough. I know that there are turn on/off internet providers but the IPTV would be a regular monthly subscription.
We will stick with the satellite dish which provides all that we need on holiday, it provides an excellent picture, is stable and free other than the initial installation.
Many thanks for your advice Pete.
Kenbo

Postby PeteKnight » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:18 am

We aren't in Spain full time, in London mostly, so I'm listening to the same weather at the moment.

Pete.
PeteKnight