Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pool heating

Pool heating

Postby Gary & Julie » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:39 am

We're thinking of getting our pool heated/covered has anyone had this done. Advise us on costs involved for the installation and running costs. Also recommended company's
Gary & Julie

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Pool heating

Postby maryann » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:32 pm

Whatever you do don't get Cosy Casa to install a pool heater. It works ok now but when they installed it there were many problems and it was left to us to call the manufacturers and get them to come and correct it. They only spoke Spanish and it was left to google translate to communicate with them.
maryann

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby william » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Does that not seem a little unfair as we live in Spain and that is the language .
william

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Elpando » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:15 pm

We have a 6 x 4 pool and a heater system installed. Ours is the most widely used system likened to an A/C unit on Inverter for heating the water flowing through it. It is about 7 years old now and we haven't had any trouble with it yet. At the time of installation we purchased a made to measure cover that sat on top of the water as we didnt want want one that is a large reel etc on our terrace.
The covers are effective but removing them from the water caused a right mess. The water rinsed all the dirt and dust into pool. There was no way to prevent this.
Also it was very hard for our pool guy to remove and put back each week when he called to maintain the pool.
We actually got rid of the cover a few years ago for that reason.
Back to the heater... in the chilliest of the winter months, it takes several days to make any real headway with the water temperature. (No cover)
This is down to the efficiency of the system. You have to be patient for it to get up to speed.
I would say we only use it on maybe two occasions a year but it is there and we do ENJOY it.
The company we used was ESCRIBANO next to ICELAND in Torrevieja.
They are very professional and ultra friendly
Ask to speak to Nicole.
Hope this helps
Elpando

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby AMK » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:31 pm

We use a couple of swimming thickness neoprene suits at €40 for two, for instant pool use throughout the winter months.
AMK

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Massie57 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Where do you get those suits??
Massie57

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby nigelandkath » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:42 pm

we too use neoprene suits. Decathlon have plenty
nigelandkath

Which part of Spain are you from?: torre la mata

Postby Sheena G » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:36 pm

We had a pool heater installed by Swim 365...just give Gary a call on 665 187 662 and he will come out take measurements and give you all info....nice chap...tell him Sheena G recommended him....We also have a solar cover for pool too which keeps heat in and swimming all winter
Sheena G

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby AMK » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Yup - Declathon, or Amazon have a wide range - children’s sizes too.
They are not the heavy divers suits, they are thinner, more flexible and cut so that they don’t hinder swimming strokes. They can also be used for snorkelling in the Med.
I’ve never been in a heated pool over here during the winter, or Spring, late Autumn, but I would be surprised if you could float about as you do in the summer for hours on end with a cold beer or cocktail - I may be wrong.
So if you are realistically just looking for an uncomplicated quick dip, at least explore the swimming suit solution first and if successful for you...smugly pocket the hundreds in unspent dosh !
AMK

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:13 pm

They have 3 wet suits for sale at the Reachout charity different sizes

Massie57 wrote:Where do you get those suits??
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next