Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Glass curtains

Re: Glass curtains

Postby Deadeyedick » Wed May 22, 2019 4:45 pm

PaulG wrote:We used Euroguard for our glass curtains they came and fitted them late one afternoon and couldn't wait to get away as it was late in the day. We had to get them back twice to remedy problems. Their after sales service is not good I found that once they were paid they did not want to know and I had to chase them.The curtains have never opened easily as we were told they would and can be a nightmare to close. I am sorry to say I cannot recommend this company.

Totally agree. After sales is non existent. Would not recommend.
Deadeyedick

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby RobbieH » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:51 am

Hi we are looking at buying a house in the area. The house we have made an offer on has a terrace to which we would like to fit glass curtains. Posters on here all seem satisfied with PPS. Doeas anyone have a rough idea per sq mtr of their costs. Thank you in advance for any help.
RobbieH

Which part of Spain are you from?: Navata

Postby TimT » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:17 am

Hi RobbieH

Sorry can't answer your question re, price, best thing to do is email Tim and Annette and ask them to come round and quote, but one thing I can tell you is that we can't recommend PPS highly enough, you won't be disappointed, from our experience, they're absolutely first class in everything they do!!
TimT

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Bloxy » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:07 am

Is it possible to fit glass curtains to balcony arches? Ones that fully open up?
Bloxy

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Bee » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:46 am

As regards a licence to install glass curtains the verdict is mixed. If you live in a Community you will have to get permission from the Communuty of Owners and then apply to the Ayuntamiento for a minor works licence. Torrevieja Town Hall requires such a licence. I don't know about Rojales. Bee

Kauma says no they are sun protection

https://kauma.es/son-legales-las-cortinas-de-cristal/

Cortinas Cristal Alicante says you need a licence
https://cortinascristalalicante.com/cer ... necesarios

Idealista says you need a licence no matter what you do by way of refurbishment.

https://www.idealista.com/news/inmobili ... 3120636%5D

However, the technical director of Aqui tu Reforma insists that there is an issue that they must be clear about and that is that "every activity that we do at the construction site, no matter how small, we need a license."
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby nannyabroad » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:13 pm

PPS installed ours, they were not the cheapest by far, but the quality of their work , which we went to see before confirming our order, was worth the extra. They work as a team, and for us they only lived around the corner, and told us that prior to ordering. It made a change from some companies with just a mobile number. They have been fitting glass curtains for over 18 years.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby Graham_Lynn » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:32 pm

Ring Gino at Masterclass.
He’s just done a fabulous job on ours and he lives in Quesada
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Paul Uden » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:03 pm

Bee wrote:As regards a licence to install glass curtains the verdict is mixed. If you live in a Community you will have to get permission from the Communuty of Owners and then apply to the Ayuntamiento for a minor works licence. Torrevieja Town Hall requires such a licence. I don't know about Rojales. Bee

Kauma says no they are sun protection

https://kauma.es/son-legales-las-cortinas-de-cristal/

Cortinas Cristal Alicante says you need a licence
https://cortinascristalalicante.com/cer ... necesarios

Idealista says you need a licence no matter what you do by way of refurbishment.

https://www.idealista.com/news/inmobili ... 3120636%5D

However, the technical director of Aqui tu Reforma insists that there is an issue that they must be clear about and that is that "every activity that we do at the construction site, no matter how small, we need a license."

Ciudad Quesada / Rojales require a minor works licence
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Joyce » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:11 am

We had PPS. They did a good job. We’ve had them a few years and no complaints at all
Joyce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby RobbieH » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:18 am

Hi Tim,
Thank you very much. From the comments on here I will vertainly try them. I was just trying to get a ball park figure, Thanks anyway.
RobbieH

Which part of Spain are you from?: Navata

PreviousNext