Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving

Driving

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Are drivers getting worse at driving here. Everytime we go out we see an accident or a near miss. Yesterday on the N332 we were in very slow moving traffic and about 3 cars in front of us but opposite side of the road a woman didn't have time to stop and hit the car in front of her, we reckon she was texting, she hit it with such force her car had to be a right off it was a complete mess. So many idiots on the road. They think they're on the dodgems
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Driving

Postby HarvHar2018 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:18 pm

I've honestly never seen anything quite like the driving in Spain, drivers stopping in the middle of the road for a chat, just pulling out in front of you is a common occurrence especially at roundabouts, the give ways at junctions can never be trusted as drivers just fly through them, the list is endless

but its worth it for a life in the sun :-)
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Life in the sun and a spare pair of eyes up your bum! They are definitely a requirement

HarvHar2018 wrote:
but its worth it for a life in the sun :-)
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby C and J » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:58 pm

My experience is to treat every other road user as a total idiot,dash cams are wonderful, not just in Spain but here at home also, do not rely on any indication that they make approaching a road junction, (if any), eyes all round when negotiating roundabouts on the outside lane as other drivers in the inside lane will cut in front of you to exit.
Also cyclists, nothing against them but a single rider will assume they have right of way and just pull out in front of you with minimal or no indication.
Just smile and nod, you may pass them in a ditch a couple of Km down the road
C and J

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby martin7jones » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:58 am

Hi C n J. I think you are getting confused with inside and outside lanes at roundabouts. The traffic in the inside lane ie right hand lane has priority, whether exiting OR proceeding round. ALL other traffic must give way. Take care, it's a busy world out there!
martin7jones

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby cerveza » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:03 am

I had a car in front of me who stopped on the first lane on a roundabout so I,had to stop,as well and could not pass as it was busy,(the one just before the archers)
The guy got out was definitely Spanish and went………to have a pee!?

Urgent ok, but THAT urgent!!!
cerveza

Postby Noel on Keys » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:06 am

Yes...the standard of driving in the uk is bad but here it seems there are no rules, I’ve noticed that the road speed limits are not adhered to with a lot of drivers, If it’s 80kph I’ll hit my cruise button and stick to it, only for drivers to sit right behind me looking for a chance to overtake, usually putting their lives at risk, and mine..the back road passed zoco market to San Miguel is a good example of impatient drivers..!!
Recently I almost got wiped out by a driver leaving a roundabout from the inside as I was going round the outside to the next exit...no indicators...and he had his foot down too, crazy...!!
The new 50 limit coming out of Torrevieja towards Quesada is laughable too..literally no one is adhering to it...I got overtaken by a pizza delivery driver on a moped last week :)
Noel on Keys

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby manxmunk » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:17 am

It's not just in Spain that people are having accidents whilst messing with there mobile phones, I've lost count of the number of times I've informed the police about this, giving them full details but nothing seems to be done about it. If these idiots don't care about there own safety, they should at least think about the safety of the innocent party that they may injure or kill through their stupidity. :x :x
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby earlybay » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:55 am

“Give Way” is not adhered to on many spanish roads. Poor driving manners abound in my opinion.
earlybay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby Glassfull » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Noel on Keys wrote:I got overtaken by a pizza delivery driver on a moped last week :)

Well, it is fast food,
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Next