Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Lemon tree market

Lemon tree market

Postby xelpx » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:14 pm

Hi All,

But of advice or guidance on getting back to quesada from lemon tree market..

Or if anyone else has experienced any issues if you do not hire a car.

We manage to get there via taxi no issues ..but never to get back smoothly. Trying to get a taxi back does not work for some reason. (Our Spanish is not fluent but we're learning still and can speak abit)

We don't like to hire a car when we are on holiday as we like to have a drink and relax.

Twice this has happened.. we are coming over again in May on holiday and would like to take my parents to the market. But don't want to wait in the petrol station for another 2-3hours trying to get home!!

Thank you for your help!
xelpx

Which part of Spain are you from?: Uk

Re: Lemon tree market

Postby Babu » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:51 pm

Have you tried Guardamar Taxis? http://guardamartaxis.com/en/home
Lemontree Market is in Guardamar jurisdiction and Taxis in Spain do have territorial restrictions on where they can pick up from legally . . .
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby xelpx » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:27 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Yes we have tried Guardamar taxis on both occasions as the taxi driver that took us advised us that they wasn't able to pick us up due to the restrictions. Thinking it was our Spanish translation we even walked to the petrol station cepsa so we was out of the market as we know it gets busy with cars going in and out and asked a a fluent spanish speaker to ask for a taxi and they advise they was going to send someone but they never did.

So in the end we had to call the local taxi driver we use to come and pick us up as we was stranded.

Do you think it maybe the case that they do not like to pick up from the market due to it being busy?
xelpx

Which part of Spain are you from?: Uk

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:43 am

why not set a time to be picked up, with the taxi driver that dropped you off ,?
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Pkpk » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:32 am

You could walk to one of the bars on El Raso , I think there is a footpath at the back that cuts through ,and have a drink and a sandwich or something and ask the bar to call you a taxi I'm sure they would ,there is also a bus stop on El Raso I'm I'm not sure if the bus runs on a sunday
Pkpk

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Paulr » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 pm

GLASSMAN wrote:why not set a time to be picked up, with the taxi driver that dropped you off ,?

Because if it's a taxi from Quesada, i.e. licenced by Rojales Ayuntamiento, it can't pick you up from Lemon Tree Road market, which is in Guardamar; it has to be a taxi licenced by Guardamar del Segura Ayuntamiento. Ridiculous, but them's the rules
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Janjan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:47 pm

Having a drink in a Bar in El Raso is a good idea then asking them to call a Taxi. We've often done that and had more success than trying to telephone one ourselves when out and about.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area