Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Tourist Licence - What next?

Tourist Licence - What next?

Postby leb » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi
After waiting 8 months, I’ve finally received my tourist licence!
However, I’m now unsure what I need to do next? I’ve seen conflicting information about having signs displayed on my property, registering guests with the guard civil and declaring tax earned on rental fees. Could someone please give me some guidance, or point me in the right direction?
Thanks
leb

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu, Quesada

Re: Tourist Licence - What next?

Postby marcliff » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:34 pm

You have to have a sign outside your door. It looks like this:
licence.jpg

You have to inform the Guardia Civil (I believe there's an app for doing it) when you have guests. The guest must provided their passport details etc.

Yes, you do have to complete a tax return showing the amount you have received. This applies whether you are resident or non-resident. This form is completed quarterly.

I think most of these points have been covered before and I have no doubt those who are doing it, or have done it, will come on and guide you. I just know my neighbours rent out an apartment and have gone through all this.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby jpeg » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:19 pm

You would have been sent advice what to do next with the licence
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Wabryce » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:03 pm

Having recently rented 2 different properties in Quesada there were no signs on the door or entrance to the property, I was not asked for any passport info, there were no smoke detectors or extinguishers present. I had rented through a well known booking site. !!!!
Wabryce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby TonTri » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:41 pm

Marcliff is right on all counts.

However it doesn't actually stipulate that the licence sticker has to be on the OUTSIDE just that it needs to be near the front door. If you check with Judith of Quesadahousesitters on +34 633 595 503 she may be able to add you to an order for the sticker. The actual cost of the stickers is less than £2 but there is a minimum £20 order charge.

You need to submit the details of all guests over the age of 16 to the Guardia Civil within 24 hours of arrival. You can fax the info, take it to their offices or the easiest way is to sign up for their online database and either input the information yourself of use an app which will scan the guest's passport/ID card and transmit all the data automatically to them. The most well-known app is Chek-in which costs €0.50 per guest so relatively cheap (and worth it in my opinion).

Yes you need to submit quarterly tax return forms 210 stating the rental income for the quarter and the running costs for the same period. You are then taxed at 19% on the difference. They need to be submitted by the 20th of the month after each quarter, i.e. the 20th April, July, October and January. We've always used spanishtaxforms.co.uk to date.

Jpeg is also right: all this is on the letter you got with the tourist rental licence number.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby fredrobson » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:21 pm

Having just received our tourist licence one step that has been missed out is another form from the Guardai Civil that needs to be completed and you need to take this along with your tourist licence, passport and copia simple to the police office to get the password. I went to the offices in Guardamar but it took 6 trips to sort it all out as the person who deals with the forms was never available. Still they were very friendly and helpful when I did manage to meet the right staff.
fredrobson

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Deltas

Postby Tonic » Wed May 29, 2019 4:18 pm

What next indeed, I applied for a Tourist Licence through my solicitor about 1 year ago, (yes I did say a year) I have waited patiently for it to come through and yesterday saw a email from solicitors headed Tourist Licence, (success I thought) but apparently Alicante now will not issued Tourist Licences unless you have a Certificado de compatabilidad urbanistica, which my solicitors tell me they can not apply for for me , neither have they given me any advise as to where you should apply for one with the exception of going to a rental firm who may obtain one for me. Has anyone else heard about this and how do we get this new certificate, and how much does it cost? HELP
Tonic

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Chrisdee » Wed May 29, 2019 4:30 pm

It's no wonder peple don't do things legally. I can understand it.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Jan » Thu May 30, 2019 6:07 am

Chrisdee wrote:It's no wonder peple don't do things legally. I can understand it.

Yes but the consequences can be dire. Very high fines...loss of lives in homes without the necessary safety necessities and more. It's just not worth it. Holiday rentals should be safe and perfect for everyone renting.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby jpeg » Thu May 30, 2019 6:42 am

This is the application form for the Certificado de compatabilidad urbanistica,
You may be asked for a floor plan of the property as the room sizes must conform to the stated requirements

http://www.orihuela.es/wp-content/uploa ... mpatur.pdf

I have stated before on here that you must get the Town Halls permission before you send in your Tourist Licence application

Information here : https://www.spain-holiday.com/rentalbuzz/holiday-rental-licences-in-the-valencian-community
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion