Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Protocol for selling

Advertise here for free any unwanted/secondhand items that you would like to sell or buy. For example: Household items/Bicycles/Garden furniture etc. Please include prices and photos, if possible.

Protocol for selling

Postby Scipio » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:09 am

Dear Jan.
I often get people saying that they are interested in buying something, but they don't follow it through.
Meanwhile I have turned down other people.
Should it be first come first served?
Regards
Scipio
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Protocol for selling

Postby camionpilot » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:27 am

Have had the same problem , easy solution, no saving without a reserve , first person with cash gets it ..simples .. sorts the dreamers and chancers …!!!! :lol:
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Jan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:39 am

camionpilot wrote:Have had the same problem , easy solution, no saving without a reserve , first person with cash gets it ..simples .. sorts the dreamers and chancers …!!!! :lol:

:text-goodpost:

And don't consider it Sold until the person has paid and taken it away.

We see people saying please hold it and they will buy it in 2 weeks or whatever. The easiest thing to do is to say is you can't hold it but if it isn't sold by then you will contact them - it is never worth turning down an instant buyer.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Scipio » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:14 am

Thank you both for that. I will take the advice on board.
Regards
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Jan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:31 am

There is one thing that is worth remembering - If someone has arranged to collect at a certain time and day, always take a phone number in case they don't turn up at the time arranged, but otherwise keep to that arrangement as there's nothing worse than a prospective buyer turning up on the doorstep to be told it has sold already.
Jan
Site Admin

Postby Paulr » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:53 am

My wife offered a large number of luxury jigsaws for FREE on the Costa Blanca Forum and having sent photos, all our contact details, including a map, to the woman who said she wanted them, she said they were just what she was looking for - and then never made contact again! My wife's given them to charity instead.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Jan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:03 am

Paulr wrote:My wife offered a large number of luxury jigsaws for FREE on the Costa Blanca Forum and having sent photos, all our contact details, including a map, to the woman who said she wanted them, she said they were just what she was looking for - and then never made contact again! My wife's given them to charity instead.

This is the problem.

I sell occasionally on Gumtree in the UK but before giving out any personal details or address, I arrange by email a 1 hour slot to come and view and once they agree I give my address etc. I always say if they don't turn up within that hour then another prospective buyer will be offered it. So far that has worked.
Jan
Site Admin