Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Picking Up SIP Card/New Doctors Prescription ?

Picking Up SIP Card/New Doctors Prescription ?

Postby viking » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:39 am

Hi

Does anyone know if it's just a case of going to reception to pick up a newly issued SIP Card,or do you have to make an appointment with the Doctor also ? We were advised the permanent card would be available this week,though were not entirely sure of the procedure for picking them up (signing paperwork etc) ?

Also if someone is moving over from previously having been on a Private Health Scheme (under 65),will the prescription need to change to one issued by the Spanish Health Service Doctor at the surgery ? Up to now the drugs on the private prescription have been bought and paid for at the Farmacia,with the SIP Card the majority of this cost should now be covered by the Spanish Health Service I understand. I'd imagine the Doctor at the surgery will want to go through a patient's medical history etc etc, before they issue their own prescription for drugs ?

Finally is there a good time to go to the surgery,when it possibly isn't too busy ?

viking

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Picking Up SIP Card/New Doctors Prescription ?

Postby marcliff » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:09 am

You just pick up the SIP card if it's ready. No need to make an appointment with the doctor.

Yes, you need to change your prescription to one issued by a GP here if you want to take advantage of the discount. This will only kick in if you have completed an income tax return in Spain as your discount is linked to your income. If you earn less than 18k a year you pay nothing in this region (other regions charge up to 40%), over 18k up to 100k then you pay 50% of the cost and over that you pay 60%. If you haven't completed a tax return you will be charged the 60% bit until you do so.
You will need to make an appointment with your GP to get the prescription and take the old prescription with you.

You need to register with Torrevieja Salud and the receptionist will help you do this. You can then make appointments online and it will show you the times your GP is available. Until then just go the health centre and make one. Mondays and Fridays are usually busy but you should get an appointment that day or the next at any time. Just be aware that if you are offered a 1230 appointment then that will be the sit and wait one and there could be a long wait as several people could be booked in for that one. We sat there for 2 hours once without realising it was a sit and wait.

Most doctors stick to the time but the occasional one does tend to go over the appointment time. Patients are booked in for 15 minute slots and can often over run. Take a book or magazine.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby viking » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:53 pm

Thank you so much,that is really helpful.
viking

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby TomCass » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Should be with the receptionist, when ready.
TomCass

Which part of Spain are you from?: Montebello