Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Psicotecnico in Rojales

Re: Psicotecnico in Rojales

Postby Espanabums » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:20 pm

marcliff wrote:The cost of the licence renewal at age 70 is free.
This is just renewing a Spanish licence, by the way. They don't do changing UK to Spanish.
(I put that in because these threads tend to get confused with some thinking it is a way to get your UK licence changed and it isn't although they can do the medical for that but not the actual licence exchange).
You have to pay for the medical, though, which varies from 35 to 45 euro depending on the centre you use.
All you save is the €23.50 the under 70s have to pay on top of the medical fee.

Yes, I mean renewing my wife's Spanish licence when she reaches 70 later this year.

Does this Psicotecnico send off your old licence and give you a temporary receipt to allow you to drive in Spain until the new licence arrives? If so is this all for 35 to 45 euros?

Also how far in advance do you need to apply?
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby marcliff » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 pm

Yes, the centre will give you a temporary licence to show you have applied to renew it.
You only pay for the medical once you get to 70. The centres will charge you the medical fee and then apply for the new licence which is issued free and some even take the photograph for you.
You should get a letter from trafico saying that your licence is coming up for renewal. That is when you need to renew it.
You can pop in to the one in Rojales as already discussed on Mon and Thur between 5 and 7 pm.
The La Siesta clinic is open all the time so you can pop in there as well.
There are also several in Torrevieja and surrounding areas.
Here's the Trafico site showing you how and where to do it. Open it in Google for auto translation.
Renewing Driving Licence
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Espanabums » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:13 am

marcliff wrote:Yes, the centre will give you a temporary licence to show you have applied to renew it.
You only pay for the medical once you get to 70. The centres will charge you the medical fee and then apply for the new licence which is issued free and some even take the photograph for you.
You should get a letter from trafico saying that your licence is coming up for renewal. That is when you need to renew it.
You can pop in to the one in Rojales as already discussed on Mon and Thur between 5 and 7 pm.
The La Siesta clinic is open all the time so you can pop in there as well.
There are also several in Torrevieja and surrounding areas.
Here's the Trafico site showing you how and where to do it. Open it in Google for auto translation.
Renewing Driving Licence

Thank you so much marcliff, very much appreciated.
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Previous