Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

DRIVING LICENCE RENEWAL

DRIVING LICENCE RENEWAL

Postby Tony W » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:12 pm

I received a letter today from DGT (traffic office) reminding me that my licence was nearly due for renewal, it stated that it was not necessary for me to go to the office and that it could be done at "A Centre of Recognition" and for people over the age of 70 there is no fee to pay, does anyone know where these "Centres" are. It came a day too late for me as i went to Torrevieja only yesterday and paid 45euros, it would be rather nice to be able to point people in the right direction and save them a couple of bob
Tony W

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: DRIVING LICENCE RENEWAL

Postby marcliff » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:38 pm

These are the Psicotecnico places that are being referred to on here. If you paid the 45 euro for a new licence then that is one of the places you would have went to when getting the medical. The fee for renewing a licence is 23.50 which you didn't have to pay on top of the medical fee.
Although there is no need to pay to replace your licence, you do have to pay the 40 or 45 euro for a medical.
There is one in Rojales, the La Siesta clinic and several in Torrevieja. I think other towns around have them as well.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Tony W » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:52 pm

Thanks marcliff
That explains nicely thanks very much,
Tony W

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Juanita » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:19 pm

I also received one if these letters but my licence doesn't expire for another 3 years! Went to the Centre in La Siesta who confirmed it was obviously a mistake! Or, were they (the DGT) trying to raise some extra funds?!!
Juanita

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby shemarg » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:55 pm

Hello does anyone know if someone speaks English at the Rojales centre. I do speak some Spanish but possibly not enough as I’ve had a letter from DGT saying I need to renew my licence but it states 2021 expiry on the licence itself
Thanks
shemarg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Golf. Quesada

Postby marcliff » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:40 pm

In most cases now the photocard licence runs out before the actual licence. Although your licence may be valid for some 50 years, they have to be renewed every 10 years and every 5 years after you turn 65.

Don't know about the Rojales one but they do speak English at the La Siesta clinic and would think most would know enough to get the licence done.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Algorfawoman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:13 pm

It may be that certain groups ONLY on your liscence are expiring, ie hgv or similar not necessarily your car group. It happened to me and that was the reason
Algorfawoman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby shemarg » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Yes you are quite right Algorfawonan I went to la siesta and I’m ok to drive a car till I’m 70 but certain other groups are expiring
shemarg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Golf. Quesada