Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Sat Nav wanted

Advertise here for free any unwanted/secondhand items that you would like to sell or buy. For example: Household items/Bicycles/Garden furniture etc. Please include prices and photos, if possible.

Sat Nav wanted

Postby Jonnno » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:55 am

I am about to buy my first Sat Nav. Where is the best place to go around Quesada? Do they set it up as well? Thanks.
Jonnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Re: Sat Nav wanted

Postby Algorfaista » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:34 am

Get one from Amazon, much cheaper than shops, simple to set up
Algorfaista

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby PeteKnight » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:58 am

When I needed to buy one in a hurry I compared prices in Alcampo and Mediamakt in Zenia Boulevard.
MediaMarkt was slightly cheaper, so I bought from there.
https://www.mediamarkt.es/es/search.html?searchParams=%2FSearch.ff%3Fquery%3Dgps%2Btomtom%26filterTabbedCategory%3Donlineshop%26filteravailability%3D1%26channel%3Dmmeses%26productsPerPage%3D20%26followSearch%3D9857&searchProfile=onlineshop&query=gps+tomtom&sort=price&page=&sourceRef=INVALID

Maybe take a look at what is available in Carrefour and the Feu Vert car place in the Carrefour carpark at the Habenares Centre with those shown in the MediaMarkt link above, and what you can get the same model for in Amazon.

If you buy from Amazon, make sure it comes with the maps that you want (probably Western Europe).

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby tonyhobbs » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:12 pm

Save your money, don't bother, postcodes cover such a wide area, and urbanisations are a nightmare with or without satellite.
tonyhobbs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Benjy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:35 pm

There is one for sale on this forum. Just need to buy a USB charger from Chinese shop which are dirt cheap. Tom Tom are best in business and this looks a good one for €50. Set up is simple.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby PeteKnight » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:13 pm

Personally, I think sat navs are extremely useful in Spain.
It’s true that in the UK you can enter a postcode and that will take you virtually to the door and in Spain that’s not the case, but there are many other ways to choose your destination other than by postcode.

As far as the one that’s for sale is concerned, it doesn’t have lifetime maps and I’m fairly sure it’s one of the ones that TomTom has stopped doing map updates for, so you’d be much better off with a new one.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby KEITHD » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:01 pm

I use a Tom Tom West Europe 25 countries I think and it works well although Spain is more tricky to input. I also use Google maps which is easier as you zoom to your destination and touch screen to input so no faffing around with ambiguous street names. Buy the magnetic thing for the heating vent and youre good to go. Dont forget to toggle to the compass on google maps otherwise it stays at North upwards
KEITHD

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Jillandsteve » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:45 pm

I use google maps or Apple maps or Waze on my iPhone, does the job perfectly
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Black » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:25 pm

I have built in sat-nav on my (originally UK) car but refuse to pay €99 for the Spain map. I did use an external sat-nav for a while but it's a pain plugging it in and mounting it, and then having to hide it when leaving the car.

Google maps on my phone is my preferred option now.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Wilkieboy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:18 am

As Jillandsteve have indicated, get WAZE on your 'phone. It's very good. Use Google maps as a 'back up.'

Roy W
Wilkieboy

Next