Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Telfy router

Re: Telfy router

Postby Deadeyedick » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:06 pm

Bangorbob, Thanks for that ! Just wondering tho how if you buy your own router and connect it to your fibre does it work without the aid of Telfy ? Do they not have to activate it or give you some info ? Can you just connect it and power on without any adjustments to their system by Telfy?

Deadeyedick

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby bangorbob » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Deadeyedick wrote:

Bangorbob, Thanks for that ! Just wondering tho how if you buy your own router and connect it to your fibre does it work without the aid of Telfy ? Do they not have to activate it or give you some info ? Can you just connect it and power on without any adjustments to their system by Telfy?

I connected my own router in wireless network mode, you connect an rj45 cable from a lan port on the telfy router to the wan port of your own router, this setup allows you to setup your own wireless network and password, you are also able to add dns, vpn and change other settings as you desire.
bangorbob

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Deadeyedick » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:37 pm

bangorbob wrote:
Deadeyedick wrote:

I connected my own router in wireless network mode, you connect an rj45 cable from a lan port on the telfy router to the wan port of your own router, this setup allows you to setup your own wireless network and password, you are also able to add dns, vpn and change other settings as you desire.

Many thanks ! I will try this as it sounds exactly what I want to do!
Deadeyedick

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby MartynH » Fri May 03, 2019 3:37 pm

You can change wireless password from the Telfy online customer portal ( https://www.telfy.com/en/customers-area/ ), you need to register, which is instant and they will email you a userid and password ( the NIF number, required for registration is the DNI number on your contract / NIE number )

Once accessing the portal, the "router" option will let you change the wireless password and forward ports - pretty basic but at least it give you some control.

Haven't tried changing any options yet but it looks the same as I've used on some telco's in the past, where changes can take up to 15mins.

Martyn
MartynH

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby jpeg » Sat May 04, 2019 7:39 am

Before you change any settings on the router supplied by your ISP read the conditions of your contract sometimes there is a very heavy penalty
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby MartynH » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:27 am

I have opened ports to allow VPN access I to my second router(running off the back of the Telfy one - as previously suggested), via the portal....the changes were almost instant.

I also emailed Telfy to change the internal IP address range from 192.168.1.x to another range to avoid a clash of LAN addresses. They made the change within 30mins, which was excellent by my standards. My experience with Telfy, so far, has been great....coming from a starting position of having a locked down, ISP supplied router which I first thought would be restrictive.
MartynH

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Previous