Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Telfy router

Telfy router

Postby 2Sheds » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:59 pm

Have recently had fibre internet installed with Telfy.
All seems ok apart from one issue...

Just wondering if anyone else has managed to gain access to the router they supply.
The engineer seemed to infer that any settings (including changing wifi password) has to be done via their office.

There are various security settings I'd like to check or change. Any advice welcome.
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: Telfy router

Postby bangorbob » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:51 pm

Hi,

With the router supplied by Telfy the only changes you can made are via the customer area on their website, you need to obtain a username and password for this area, once you have done this the only changes allowed is to open ports (port forwarding). If you need to do anything else then the best thing is to purchase a router of your own, I did this to be able to do other things like set up an alternate DNS and VPN which made it easy for any device connected to my own router to be able to access apps and sites that are Geography locked in Spain ie BBC Iplayer and such like.
bangorbob

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Lolly18 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:33 pm

What area do you live in to receive fibre.
Lolly18

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby 2Sheds » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:40 pm

I live in Benimar2. Telfy fibre 50Mbs
2Sheds

Postby 2Sheds » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:48 pm

bangorbob wrote:Hi,

With the router supplied by Telfy the only changes you can made are via the customer area on their website, you need to obtain a username and password for this area, once you have done this the only changes allowed is to open ports (port forwarding). If you need to do anything else then the best thing is to purchase a router of your own, I did this to be able to do other things like set up an alternate DNS and VPN which made it easy for any device connected to my own router to be able to access apps and sites that are Geography locked in Spain ie BBC Iplayer and such like.

Thanks for the info.
Interesting that you installed your own router, but a basic question. What connection info were you supplied with to authenticate?
I haven't been given anything from Telfy apart from Wifi name and password.
2Sheds

Postby Paul58 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:38 pm

2Sheds wrote:Have recently had fibre internet installed with Telfy.
All seems ok apart from one issue...

Just wondering if anyone else has managed to gain access to the router they supply.
The engineer seemed to infer that any settings (including changing wifi password) has to be done via their office.

There are various security settings I'd like to check or change. Any advice welcome.

Thanks for the info'. I was considering changing from Telecable Wimax to Telfy fibre but I need DNS and port forwarding for my security cameras. I'm really surprised that they won't allow admin' access, not a problem with Telecable!
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby bangorbob » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:57 am

2Sheds wrote:
bangorbob wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the info.
Interesting that you installed your own router, but a basic question. What connection info were you supplied with to authenticate?
I haven't been given anything from Telfy apart from Wifi name and password.

Hi,

I had the fiber installed when it became available in my area of Lo Marabu about 18 months ago, I have now upgraded to the 500Mb symmetrical and have been extremely happy with Telfy. To get the info required to log onto the customers area I rang the office in Rojales, an email was sent providing details of how to gain access. The telephone number is 966190904.
bangorbob

Postby Deadeyedick » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:20 am

bangorbob. Have you been able to change your username and password for your WiFi? We are thinking of changing from Vega Fibra to Telfy as you are unable to do this with Vega Fibre, other than going to the office which is useless.
Deadeyedick

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby PeteKnight » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:28 am

I’m with Ole and they don’t give you the username and password for your router by default, but will if you ask them.
They seem to use ‘root’ as the password and your NIE number or account number as password.

Once you’re in to the router there are still some options that are locked-down, such as changing the DNS settings.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby bangorbob » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:56 pm

Deadeyedick wrote:bangorbob. Have you been able to change your username and password for your WiFi? We are thinking of changing from Vega Fibra to Telfy as you are unable to do this with Vega Fibre, other than going to the office which is useless.

Hi,

I was able to change the password without a problem, I just checked your query about the username, thats not possible, but it didn't matter to make so long as you can change to a password of your own choice.
bangorbob

Next