Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

INSURANCE WARNING

INSURANCE WARNING

Postby Chico Latino » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:47 pm

Having finally been paid out on a stolen car insurance claim after 8 months (for a lot less than expected) this is a serious warning to anyone who has any kind of policy underwritten by the Spanish insurance company 'Caser'

Our car was stolen in a creeper burglary LAST June and the claim was only settled last week, having literally been given the run around by this outfit for months to provide numerous amounts of paperwork and signatures. This included spending our summer holidays driving all over the area to get papers signed, stamped and all sorts.
It was like they were trying every trick in the book not to pay out.

The insurance cover was taken out locally with a broker in Quesada, though I cannot blame them as I do not believe that they were aware of the kind of company involved (though maybe they should have been)
They did tell me that they (the broker) would be contacting ALL clients underwritten by this company to make them aware of the serious problems with Caser.

CHECK YOUR POLICY ASAP - I WOULD NOT WISH THIS PROCESS ON ANYONE.

P.S For legal reasons, I have a copy of every email and piece of correspondence sent and received from the day the car was stolen.
Chico Latino

Which part of Spain are you from?: Do a Pepa Quesada

Re: INSURANCE WARNING

Postby Ginger » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:16 pm

We had a similar problem with a burst water main. Liberty Segura took over a year, requesting ludicrous details and photographs, finally accepting a payment covering a fraction of the damage and water costs. To be honest ?Spanish insurance usn’t Worth the paper it is written on.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:33 am

that's good advice above, I,ve an on going claim against Caser ,with Liberty Segurous for 10months now ,they (Caser)are doing everything not to pay out ,so my agent at Liberty say,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Chico Latino » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:50 am

GLASSMAN wrote:that's good advice above, I,ve an on going claim against Caser ,with Liberty Segurous for 10months now ,they (Caser)are doing everything not to pay out ,so my agent at Liberty say,

Hi Glassman, Hopefully your claim will be settled sooner rather than later. I feel your pain.

Initially I too thought it was my broker holding up the issue, though in the end they became embarrassed with the amount of effort that went in to getting the claim settled.

I knew there was going to be an issue when after 3 or 4 months I came across the 'Caser' facebook page and looked at their reviews section. Maybe 1 in 50 was an average 3 star review, the rest were all '0' or '1' star, and surprisingly a lot of them were Spanish customers.

Heres a link to the revieew section of the facebook page. Very poor reading for anyone waiting on a claim.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CaserSeguro ... e_internal

I beg people to check their insurance policy and change to another asap if this is the company they are with.

Maybe someone has (unfortunately) had a good experience with a different underwriter that they could recommend (if allowed on the forum)
Chico Latino

Postby Paulr » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:55 am

We often see people on this forum asking for recommendations for insurance companies and I'm always amazed at the amount of people that respond saying how good their insurer is, invariably citing premium cost as their evidence for this, even though they've never had to make a claim.

I'm insured with Liberty Seguros. I had a water leak in the garden a couple of weeks ago and reported it to their claims line: a plumber visited that evening to assess the situation and returned the following day to fix the leak (a joint on an underground pipe was leaking and needed to be replaced). We're also covered for water loss, but because of the way they calculate that, I won't know until our next bill whether it was significant. Other than that, I can't fault their service.

My advice when buying insurance: always get at least 3, comparable quotes, and read the policy documents. Cheapest is rarely best - especially in Spain!

Thank you to the OP who has shared his experience of Caser: I'm sorry to hear of your very unsatisfactory (and no doubt stressful) experience. It's precisely this type of anecdotal evidence that is helpful to us all.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby brandyboy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Cheapest is rarely best. I am insured with Reale. Had water damage in the storms last year, informed broker, assessor visited next day. Two days later, plasterer and decorators turned up and left later that day.
Brilliant service from the insurer and from IBEX, the broker.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chico Latino » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:57 pm

brandyboy wrote:Cheapest is rarely best. I am insured with Reale. Had water damage in the storms last year, informed broker, assessor visited next day. Two days later, plasterer and decorators turned up and left later that day.
Brilliant service from the insurer and from IBEX, the broker.

This is the kind of information needed. Now I can make an educated choice. Much appreciated brandyboy
Chico Latino

Postby Algorfaista » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:29 pm

I have also had SO SO MANY problems with Caser Insurance once policy sold, they do not want to know. AVOID like the plague
Algorfaista

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Mary M » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Linea Direct are must as bad it took them five months to replace our seven month old car when it was written off. Constantly tried to fob us off with a cheaper model. Took two years to get our injuries claim settled for a poultry sum which they told us if we didn't accept they would wash there hands of the claim and we would have pursue it ourselves. We were left most of the time without a car as they only supply a courtesy car for fourteen days if written off. Everything was a constant battle with them spent hundreds on phone call due to there premium rate numbers. So expensive insurance doesn’t always pay either.
Mary M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Rodt » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:49 pm

We use Rightmove brokers in quesada,I don't think they would put up with this treatment for their clients,the girls in there are brilliant,wouldn't go anywhere else, tried others years ago,been with Rightmove 4 years now & never a problem, keep up the good work( Chelsea,grandad) :text-lol:
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Next