Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Address of Rojales office for driving licence medical?

Address of Rojales office for driving licence medical?

Postby Shiva » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:27 am

Can some one tell me the correct address or approx location for the place in Rojales to do the medical for your driving licence? Have had conflicting information.

I gather it is open Thursdays 5 pm to 7 pm, do you need to bring any specific documentation?
Shiva

Re: Address of Rojales office for driving licence medical?

Postby MrsP » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:54 am

Hi Shiva
The address for the psicotencnico in Rojales is..calle Vaentin Fuster 15.Bajo 2. 03170.Rojales. It is on the main road between Telfy and the chemist (on the same side of the road) next to the Maite Kiosco.
You will need your residencia, a special sized photo (we got ours at the post room Benijofar...may need an appointment), your current driving licence and your passport.
Hope this helps you.
MrsP

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby MrsP » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:55 am

Sorry Shiva...calle Valentin Fuster...typo.
MrsP

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Shiva » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:42 am

Thanks ( some others were saying it was in a place the other side of the bridge) but are you saying you need to have your residency already to get the medical test done? I know you need it for when applying to get the licence changed with trafico but just to get the test done?
Shiva

Postby marcliff » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:47 am

Don't get the medical done until you have got your residency. It can take a long time to get the appointment for residency (plus they seem to be changing rules all the time and you may have to go back) and the medical is only valid for 3 months. By the time you get it all done then it may have expired and you'd have to pay for a new medical.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Shiva » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:03 pm

marcliff wrote:Don't get the medical done until you have got your residency. It can take a long time to get the appointment for residency (plus they seem to be changing rules all the time and you may have to go back) and the medical is only valid for 3 months. By the time you get it all done then it may have expired and you'd have to pay for a new medical.

Thanks Marcliff, good advice. In my case I have a residency appointment next week, and have trafico DL change apt lined up for after that,as keen to have DL changed before 29 March ( as I don't really fancy having to take a Spanish driving test)so just trying to ensue all paperwork obtained as soon as possible and am not held up for lack of preparation...If I end up paying twice, so be it... Had to do that with my NIE a couple of years ago as I got caught out during the silly time of 3month validity NIE certificates.
Shiva

Postby Bernie59 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:57 pm

If those restrictive hours don’t suit then La Siesta Medical clinic do them all the time. Need to make an appt though. Costs the same at €40. Di ours a couple of weeks ago and got the appt day after we went and asked for one. B
Bernie59

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Shiva » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Bernie59 wrote:If those restrictive hours don’t suit then La Siesta Medical clinic do them all the time. Need to make an appt though. Costs the same at €40. Di ours a couple of weeks ago and got the appt day after we went and asked for one. B

That's good to know, not too far from Rojales, do you have the address of this clinic? Thanks
Shiva

Postby richardlionheart » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:15 am

The Gestor I use has stopped sending people to La Siesta. apparantly he being awkward, he about to retire.

We booked one at Campomar. No hearing test, did a reaction test i passed with an almost perfect score, asked me if i wore glasses to drive , didnt give me an eye test or colour vision test, i told her about my blood pressure tabs, she didnt press the matter, so she wrote out the form and passed me no problem, and only charged me €20.

The Reaction test:

Its like an old 90;s pub computer game. Two verticle red lines each about an inch wide, scroll upwards on a 12 inch screen. Ther are two white dots , about 3/4 on an inch diameter, controlled by two handles on the fromt. All you do is keep the white dots on the red lines, if you drift off, the machine beeps and jacks up your score. Most peopel score 4000 to 6000 area, a score of 10,000 is a fail.
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Return to Driving to Spain / Car hire in Spain / Buying & owning a car in Spain / Licences & Documents / ITV testing/Transporting items to Spain