Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Elche police station residency

Re: Elche police station residency

Postby nannyabroad » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:56 am

Thanks Shiva. I had a couple of glasses last night.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby AnnetteD » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:11 am

nannyabroad wrote:Got it at last second attempt.

That’s great news, congratulations!
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby nannyabroad » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:31 am

Thank you. Amazingly they still insisted on two years bank statements. Fortunately we got them that morning from the bank, who also thought it was just a year.
nannyabroad

Postby omarell » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi it appears when arranging for a residency appointment that husband and wife have apply separately and get different appointments is that correct?
omarell

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby nannyabroad » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:24 pm

No both times we went we went as a couple hubby had 10am I had 10.10. So technically separate but we went in together and was dealt with together. Hope that explains it.
nannyabroad

Postby Shiva » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Did say I would report back... Our appointment was at Alicante,we had no problems at all, literally 2 of us ( married couple) in and out in 3 minutes (5 minutes if you count time sitting down and standing up!) I had a file of evidence 6 inches thick in front of me ( not joking,having listened to others' experiences on here, I had originals and copies of anything I could think of) and I was able to produce on request anything the official wanted. He went with the usual identity stuff plus the stamped bank statement re our in-Spain resources and that was it. He didn't ask for anything else. I had stuff on pensions, savings, Most recent UK tax returns, escritura copies, anything that did or didn't move. Perhaps the very fact he saw I had a Bible full of evidence at my fingertips helped... But now very happy, we are officially resident.
Shiva

Postby nannyabroad » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Congratulations. It's a lovely feeling. We floated out the police station. Well done.
nannyabroad

Postby Shiva » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:18 pm

:text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow:
nannyabroad wrote:Congratulations. It's a lovely feeling. We floated out the police station. Well done.
Shiva

Postby marcliff » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:09 pm

I haven't had a reply from the EU complaints yet but the Consulate emailed back and simply said look at their website for the rules regarding obtaining residency. Nothing on there to state you need two years of financial ties to Spain (which seems a bit ridiculous) nor explaining why everyone is stating you should get legal before the end of this month when it is impossible to do so.

Also mentioned the Spanish authorities can ask for official documents (like a marriage certificate) to be translated but no explanation of why you need to produce it in the first place. Unless it is purely to prove you are a beneficiary for the S1 purpose.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Shiva » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:01 pm

marcliff wrote:I haven't had a reply from the EU complaints yet but the Consulate emailed back and simply said look at their website for the rules regarding obtaining residency. Nothing on there to state you need two years of financial ties to Spain (which seems a bit ridiculous) nor explaining why everyone is stating you should get legal before the end of this month when it is impossible to do so.

Also mentioned the Spanish authorities can ask for official documents (like a marriage certificate) to be translated but no explanation of why you need to produce it in the first place. Unless it is purely to prove you are a beneficiary for the S1 purpose.

I think the problem is that the published rules (the website the Consulate directs you to) are one thing but how they are interpreted and applied in different areas is something else entirely and may at times be down to which official you get on the day. Frustrating but I hope all those on here flagging problems have now had them resolved.
(Though the impossibility of even getting an appointment in the anywhere near future still stands for many...)

I understood the translated marriage certificate is linked to if you are relying on an S1 by virtue of your spouse being a pensioner. ( Also I guess it could be relevant if you are presenting resources as joint or are relying on a Spouse's income .)But didn't get asked for it at the Residency apt, DID get asked for it when subsequently lodging the S1 forms.

Sadly I am not surprised the Consulate response was so anaemic, in my years of living in different countries the British Embassies/ Consulates were never renowned for being particularly helpful to their own citizens. It would probably take a whole bunch of people being vocal about problems with the rule interpretations to even get them to take any note, and even then...
...when it comes down to it the concerns of UK citizens abroad will be pretty close to bottom of the queue for any attention from the present shambolic UK crew - I hesitate to call them an "Administration" or "Government", since very little governing or administrating seems to be within their competence. It may be that, whatever the vagaries of the Spanish system, we are very fortunate that the Spanish government has been so positive and supportive to UK citizens in Spain. More welcoming messages being given than what poor EU citizens have been getting in the UK.
Shiva

PreviousNext