Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pool Pump Costs

Pool Pump Costs

Postby Bloxy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:53 pm

Afternoon All - bit of advice

Anyone know how much it costs to run a pool pump, something like 6 hours a day? Biggish pool - 11m x 4m, runs every day

We also run a fridge and a fridge freezer when we're not there but power bills are coming in average €160.00 month even when empty for the period!

Any ideas?

TIA
Bloxy

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Pool Pump Costs

Postby Benjy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:11 pm

Something is wrong. I’ve had my pool pump on all winter for about 4 hours a day. The usual lighting around house, T,V microwave and oven all over the festive period. Heating from air con unit. All sorts of Xmas lighting and 2 electric blankets on for at least 3 hours a day plus kettle many times a day and my last bill was €149 for 2 months. And in answer to your initial question, the pool pump cost is negligible, you will hardly notice the cost.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby Bloxy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Thanks - according to the bill I've used 1200 kWh in a period when we were there 10 days, admittedly with 4 oil radiators on, rest is normal living
We have a 8.05 kW contract, billing period is 33 days
Actual energy cost is €184 + IVA and rest is made up of standing charges and a few bits of insurance (€10)

Is this type of usage feasible?
Bloxy

Postby Benjy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:55 pm

With the appliances I’ve mentioned. For the last 2 months usage which includes Christmas I used 590 kWh. Cost €149.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby maria elena » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:30 pm

I wonder if you’re on the wrong Tarriff? Our “contract capacity” is 5.75 kw. That’s ok for our requirements and we have a pool pump too. Also, are you on the Day&Night Tarriff? On that you get cheaper electricity between 10.00pm and 12.pm the next day. That’s when I have my washing machine on. There’s an Iberdrola office in Guardamar. Pop in to talk to them bringing your bill for reference purposes.
maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby linkwater » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:20 pm

I can let you borrow a power usage monitor for a week while you're here next time. It should give you some idea where the power is being used and if anything is faulty.
Select Air Conditioning – Mark White
Email: [email protected]
Telephone:
Fixed line: 966719362
Mobile: 647 171 531
linkwater

Postby Black » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:14 pm

You should not need the pump on for 6 hours in winter. I drop down to 2 hours in winter and gradually build up to 6 in high summer. My pool is in full sun and that is sufficient to keep the water clear. I've no idea on the wattage of the pump or how much it costs to run, but I do restrict it to the "cheap" hours.

The oil filled radiators are probably using a fair bit, assuming 1000w each. Also as mentioned above, 5.75kw potencia should be enough for most houses.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Elpando » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:25 pm

Totally agree with the post above. Just for info:- Our pool runs for two hours per day in winter and we have it on during the night time cheaper tariff band which is 0.08 euros per kwh. I can see on our smart meter that our fridge freezer which runs for the full 10 hours and the pool pump which runs for 2 hours uses 0.71 kwh. This equates to roughly 0.06 euros each day for the night time 10 hour period. Taxes are the add-ons etc. but I still don't think it is very expensive to run tbh.
Elpando

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby garyizme » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:59 am

We have a rented villa with a pool for a holiday home. When we are not there the electric bill is around 45 euros a month. The tariff is a day and night 5.75 through Iberdrola with the pool running 2 hours a day in the cheaper rate. Not much else on except fridge freezer, alarm, internet and an electric toothbrush. The pool is not huge though.
garyizme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby Bloxy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:07 am

linkwater wrote:I can let you borrow a power usage monitor for a week while you're here next time. It should give you some idea where the power is being used and if anything is faulty.

That would be great, thanks - down at Easter, I'll message you closer to the time

And thanks, all, for help and advice
Bloxy

Next