Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Window Privacy Film ?

Window Privacy Film ?

Postby viking » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:08 am

Hi

Has anyone had window security film fitted,the type that's applied to the inside of windows ?

Apparently it can provide privacy and filter UV etc,helping to minimise fading of soft furnishings.

Are there any companies around the general area that supply and fit,any useful information would be really appreciated.

viking

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Window Privacy Film ?

Postby PeteKnight » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:25 am

We have reflective film fitted to some of our windows. It's good at keeping the temperature down when the windows are in direct sunlight.
It also provides privacy when it's light on the outside and darker on the inside. However, at night when its dark on the outside and you have the lights on inside people can still see in.

I think there's a stall on the Zoco that does it, among other things.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby viking » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:30 pm

Many thanks. :)
viking

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:48 pm

I have it too on my conservatory as it's South facing and gets very hot in the summer, it certainly helps but it also blocks the sun out in the winter but it still gets warm. I've had it around 10 years and still as good as when it was put on. Mine was done for a man on the Sunday market. Agree with peterknight about the lights.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paulr » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:37 am

We had this fitted to our courtyard windows and doors last month by Cool Glass Tinting. They were recommended to us by Simply Doors, who offered us tinted glass when they fitted our new doors and windows, but advised that tinting film would provide better protection from heat and UV, as well as offering a level of privacy. It took half a day to fit and we're really pleased with the results. For two arched windows, double doors and arched window above, the cost was Eu 180.

Cool Glass Tinting
www.coolglasstinting.com
[email protected]
Tel: 608 100 610
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera