Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Setting up a Community

Setting up a Community

Postby briret » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:39 am

Dear All
we are in the throws of setting up a community (a dozen independent houses no community pool water gardens etc just a shared street and 6 lights) and was wondering if anyone knows of or can recommend a low charging bank for community money and how is liability cover dealt with some say its not mandatory some say it is and some say the house insurance covers it.
I asked this question on the Costa Blanca forum but without and replies here´s hoping!
briret

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Setting up a Community

Postby Janjan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:12 pm

I should imagine you need an Administrator. Gabinmer in Rojales near the Town Hall will advise you. They come highly recommended.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby El Tel » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:04 pm

Janjan wrote:I should imagine you need an Administrator. Gabinmer in Rojales near the Town Hall will advise you. They come highly recommended.

Yes, Gabinmer are our administrators. The service we get from them is very good. They know the legal side of the Spanish horizontal law, which isn’t easy tho understand, they organise the AGM, keep minutes and also keep the community account. I am in my first year as community president and the help I have had from them is excellent.
El Tel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby briret » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:07 pm

Thanks Janjan but it is the different administrators (to see who charges what) who are giving conflicting information!
And thanks too El Tel I will check them out but they don´t seem to have a web site I can find
briret

Postby Vi Robertson » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:30 pm

We use GL Geslevante. Torrevieja Calle Maria Parodi 8- 10 5th floor (lift) 03181 [email protected] as Administrators
We use Right Move Insurance they are beside the Chop Shop in Quesada I changed this year and have double the last cover for 10% less cost.
Basically you need a President, Reasurer & Secretary to open your bank account & Bankia on the Main Street is very good. Roberto is the manager.
Good luck.
Vi Robertson

Postby Janjan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Our Community used Gabinmer and so do lots of others. Ring them up and make an appointment. Every Community is different and they know the rules. They safeguard all the money collected.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby william » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:17 pm

Yes you need a administrator i can as a president recommend Torrefincas we have used them for the last 17 years they are brilliant .
william

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby briret » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks for all your replies and so far all the Administrators I made contact with so far give conflicting advice - for example Liability insurance is mandatory another says its not and "do not recommend it you as you do not have facilities that require civil liability, in case of an accident, you would answer the 100% of the owners with your home insurances."
Which is true and also which is THE Bank communities use and fairest on charges please?
briret