Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Benimar road changes

Benimar road changes

Postby Jillandsteve » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:44 pm

has anybody seen any plans for the eventual outcome of the new roadworks going on at Benimar
Is there a plan available for view anywhere, has anybody got one they could post ?
Looks like reworks are going on to the park there too
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Benimar road changes

Postby robl » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi there, I'd also like to know! It's been going on for ages and I haven't been out since October (guessing it's still a state). I did read on the forum that the road was going to connect to the football/tennis/swimming pool but I'm wondering what will be either side of it if anything. Would be a shame to leave as wasteland....
robl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby hobnob » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi...The road off the existing roundabout will go up to the Sports stadium...as to what is going on the simplest way to find out is to go into Benijofar town hall and ask.It looks like housing from the existing groundworks.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby Jordy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:12 pm

I've been told that it will be a mix of housing and commercial.
Jordy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jillandsteve » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:57 pm

Bit steep for housing and shops, should be a park
Jillandsteve

Postby elchedave » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:31 pm

Jillandsteve wrote:has anybody seen any plans for the eventual outcome of the new roadworks going on at Benimar
Is there a plan available for view anywhere, has anybody got one they could post ?

I have to ask why you are so curious as to these plans, you asked exactly the same about the ongoing works in & around Rojales. Do you think you are going to have any impact on what is happening or are you just a "nosy parker".
No offence meant but whatever you think, say or "try" to do, you ain't going to change things..
Regards, Dave
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Babu » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:21 pm

elchedave wrote:
Jillandsteve wrote:has anybody seen any plans for the eventual outcome of the new roadworks going on at Benimar

I have to ask why you are so curious as to these plans, you asked exactly the same about the ongoing works in & around Rojales. Do you think you are going to have any impact on what is happening or are you just a "nosy parker".
No offence meant but whatever you think, say or "try" to do, you ain't going to change things..

Regards, Dave

If we weren't inquisitive and wanting to know what is going on we wouldn't be Brits Abroad!! More importantly we probably wouldn't be here in the first place would we?
99% of the time we don't have any impact on what is going on but that 1% is glorious!
I wasn't that interested on this item, but I am now - you forgot bloody-mindedness
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Jillandsteve » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:48 am

elchedave wrote:

Regards, Dave

Dave
I find your reaction curious, why you you find being interested in local events the action of a nosy parker ?
I live in Rojales and I’m interested in what goes on, I’m not trying in any way to change the outcome of the works, I’m just interested
I love the bridge in Rojales and find the work they’re doing fascinating but was curious as to why it is going to take four months to complete
The works at benimar are equally fascinating and I’m simply curios about the eventual outcome
I think taking an interest in what goes on around you is a normal, healthy way to live and your reaction surprises me, but it takes all sorts I guess
Jillandsteve

Postby elchedave » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:39 am

It does take "all sorts" i agree, & whilst the works going on on the old bridge are very interesting & hopefully they are taking so long to complete because they are being sympathetic towards a fascinating piece of architecture, i for one
certainly can't get excited about a simple road layout change which is probably to allow access to & from whatever is being built adjacent.
I guess some of us probably have too much time on our hands as retirees & take an interest in more mundane things.
Again, just my view.
Regards,
Dave
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Jillandsteve » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:44 am

Dave
Well glad you’ve got that off your chest
I’ll get back to more mundane things
Jillandsteve