Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Rojales Council Refuse Tip

Re: Rojales Council Refuse Tip

Postby maria elena » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:35 am

Martin the artist wrote:[quote=You really ought to get yourself on the padron, it's easy & free & the council receive funds from government for numbers - i.e. to pay for the free tip!
Also advisable in preparation for Brexit.

maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Paulr » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:45 am

It IS illegal to sign on the Padron if you are not Resident in Spain, but the Town Halls don't care because, as Martin says, they get more funding from central government for the greater number of people officially registered - and the fines apply to individuals, not the Town Halls.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Martin the artist » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:56 am

I'm sorry Paulr, but can you please back up your statement about it being illegal?

I have searched everywhere and all I can find is it is recommended that you are resident first.
And: https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/residing-in-spain-but-not-resident-can-i-register-on-the-padron/
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby PeteKnight » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi Martin, read this:
https://www.costablancaforum.com/area/almorad%C3%AD-spain-11/residency-in-almorad%C3%AD-padron-residencia-passport-advice-23/jims-guide-illegally-registering-on-the-padrn-45644/

It’s clearly illegal for holiday home owners to sign on the Padron, even though it’s encoraged.
It’s a different matter if you’ve moved to Spain and are in the process of seeking residency, but I don’t think that’s the scenario that was being discussed here.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Martin the artist » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:14 pm

Yes, that's one person's interpretation of an unprecise law.
Whilst I agree with Jim on most of his very good advice, he & I do disagree on the interpretation & I have yet to hear of anyone that has been told they are illegal because they are on padron but not resident.
Indeed in the past I used my padron with the police to prove my residency whilst they knew I wasn't a resident, & were very happy with that.
(Once when stopped for speeding & as I was n padron, I didn't have to pay fine on spot; and once when I was car-jacked in Barcelona.)
So my advice still stands & if the council recommend it and local police are controlled by them. I can't see Mr Plod knocking on your door anytime soon!
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Shelles » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Back to the original post - Is the tip open on a Saturday?
Shelles

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous