Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New life in the Sun.

Re: New life in the Sun.

Postby Nikon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:03 pm

PeteKnight wrote:It makes me wonder how many people end-up regretting going on these shows for their five minutes of fame. I’m sure most of them don’t think through the consequences.
I remember one of the Bargain Loving Brits series where a lady set-up a catering business from home. In the U.K. that would have needed to be registered with the local authority food hygiene people and inspected, and she’d need public liability insurance, and her insurance company would need to know that he’s running a business from home. Even things like care insurance would need to be considered if you were doing deliveries.
In Spain I’d guess that she’d need to jump through even more hoops to be legal, and I’d doubt that she’d successfully ticked all of these boxes.

I’m not knocking these people’s efforts to earn a living, but if you’re not 110% sorted then it’s a bit silly to stick your head above the parapet.

On another note, there was a couple one the New Life in the Sun who bought a static caravan for €50k+ and are paying over €2k per year in site fees. This did include utilities, and there’s clearly quite a bit in the way of facilities on site, but it seems quite a bit to pay for a wooden home that needed quite a bit of work.
They also stuck a decking monstrosity on the side, which I’m sure won’t endear them to their neighbours!

I guess this is why I watch this stuff!

Pete.

yes your correct we seen that €50 +. for a static. I thought we missed something. rather strange. but. lets be honest its all about channel 4 making a program. and there viewing figures up. and just how many people. want to leave Britain. for sunny climates. do you blame them
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:20 pm

Don’t give up so easily.
Surely there must be a citizens advice centre or the equivalent in Alicante that you could go along for advice.
Follow your dream. I wonder if you worked with estate agents or hotels, would you be allowed to collect guests on their behalf? English speaking people sometimes prefer an English speaking driver to pick them up or take them somewhere.
It is a shame that non spanish people are not encouraged to be industrious . There should be enough work for everyone.
Contact the programme you saw and see if you could possibly meet-up with the limousine owner..or.google it. Do some research and you May yet find your dream. Good luck.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:24 pm

I am back again.
I googled Limousines-in Costa Blanca and there are a few offering luxury service. Check it out for yourself.
It can’t be impossible to get a licence.
Please let us know how you get on.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Nikon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Mac3blade wrote:Don’t give up so easily.
Surely there must be a citizens advice centre or the equivalent in Alicante that you could go along for advice.
Follow your dream. I wonder if you worked with estate agents or hotels, would you be allowed to collect guests on their behalf? English speaking people sometimes prefer an English speaking driver to pick them up or take them somewhere.
It is a shame that non spanish people are not encouraged to be industrious . There should be enough work for everyone.
Contact the programme you saw and see if you could possibly meet-up with the limousine owner..or.google it. Do some research and you May yet find your dream. Good luck.

Thanks.
its a case of if you don't succeed then keep trying. I dont normally stop at the first fence. , what got me to this was I booked a transfer in the resort of Marmaris turkey. the service they provided was second to none. and I was thinking what a great service. and this could be done in spain. they offered professional service and video service for the kids and also stopped on the way ice creams. for the kids. and the vehicle was a Mercedes. Vito. so I thought I would love to do this service in spain. , But I dont want to offend the Spanish taxi service. or people yes they have a Buisness and livelihood. but it Britain or the uk. so do we and we have all people doing this. I would perhaps given the chance to use a VW or Mercedes. Vito. and also have pristine clean car for customers to enjoy the VIP service. from Alicante to Cuidad quesdada or surrounding areas. and I am sure people would like a VIP. service. its the least they deserve. and so right But a BIG BUT
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul58 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:55 pm

PeteKnight wrote:It makes me wonder how many people end-up regretting going on these shows for their five minutes of fame. I’m sure most of them don’t think through the consequences.
I remember one of the Bargain Loving Brits series where a lady set-up a catering business from home. In the U.K. that would have needed to be registered with the local authority food hygiene people and inspected, and she’d need public liability insurance, and her insurance company would need to know that he’s running a business from home. Even things like care insurance would need to be considered if you were doing deliveries.
In Spain I’d guess that she’d need to jump through even more hoops to be legal, and I’d doubt that she’d successfully ticked all of these boxes.

I’m not knocking these people’s efforts to earn a living, but if you’re not 110% sorted then it’s a bit silly to stick your head above the parapet.

On another note, there was a couple one the New Life in the Sun who bought a static caravan for €50k+ and are paying over €2k per year in site fees. This did include utilities, and there’s clearly quite a bit in the way of facilities on site, but it seems quite a bit to pay for a wooden home that needed quite a bit of work.
They also stuck a decking monstrosity on the side, which I’m sure won’t endear them to their neighbours!

I guess this is why I watch this stuff!

Pete.

Same here....love watching this stuff!
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby pete25 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:57 am

Hi Nikon
why not google him/the business and try to get his phone no, then you can talk to him.
pete25

Which part of Spain are you from?: torrevieja

Postby And » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:26 am

Maybe he’s got a Facebook page, might be worth looking & getting in touch that way.
And

Previous