Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New life in the Sun.

New life in the Sun.

Postby Nikon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:47 pm

Recently watched a new life in the sun.
have a question. on this. it seems. its not possible to offer a collection and return service. with a luxury car unless you get a licence. which is ne on impossible. and to even consider being considered. you have to speak Fluent Spanish. however. it seems after watching this that there is a luxury limo service doing this. in the costa's. or have I missed something here.
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: New life in the Sun.

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:55 am

I have read and re read your post and still don’t understand what your question is.
Are you interested in hiring a luxury car for your holiday?
Are you looking for a firm that offers a collection at the airport and a returns service?
What type ofl licence are you referring to that is impossible to get?
Why do you need to speak Spanish fluently?

If you clarify your requirements, maybe we could offer some advice.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Nikon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:04 am

Mac3blade wrote:I have read and re read your post and still don’t understand what your question is.
Are you interested in hiring a luxury car for your holiday?
Are you looking for a firm that offers a collection at the airport and a returns service?
What type ofl licence are you referring to that is impossible to get?
Why do you need to speak Spanish fluently?

If you clarify your requirements, maybe we could offer some advice.

yes basically.
I was interested in setting up a luxury minibus. collection service. doing it legal and offering a professional service from the airport. but was told that was impossible. to do due to licence regulations and I must gain a licence. which is not possible if you don't speak Spanish. now do you get it. my dear friend.
Nikon

Postby Jan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:09 am

Nikon wrote:Recently watched a new life in the sun.
have a question. on this. it seems. its not possible to offer a collection and return service. with a luxury car unless you get a licence. which is ne on impossible. and to even consider being considered. you have to speak Fluent Spanish. however. it seems after watching this that there is a luxury limo service doing this. in the costa's. or have I missed something here.

The guy in New Life in the Sun is working on the Costa Del Sol and as far as I could tell he wasn't saying he picked up from the Airport but was picking up groups like Hen Parties in his luxury stretch Limo from hotels for nights out. So must be a different set up than a taxi
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Slater39 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:22 am

He did pick up a family from the airport and dropped them at there hotel.
Slater39

Postby Jan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:01 am

Slater39 wrote:He did pick up a family from the airport and dropped them at there hotel.

Oh OK. ..he won't be doing that for long if he's not registered/licensed to collect from airport - His limo is pretty conspicuous!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Nikon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:38 am

Jan wrote:
Slater39 wrote:He did pick up a family from the airport and dropped them at there hotel.

Oh OK. ..he won't be doing that for long if he's not registered/licensed to collect from airport - His limo is pretty conspicuous!

Hi jan.
yes that was my point. I was just asking if their was a way to do this legal. and how or where do you start. its something. that would be of help to local people and also help generate. the area. yes I know there is taxis. but. sometimes people want a bit fo luxury and why not. and I see a way of doing this but doing it legal and working with the Spanish government. not underhanded. thanks
Nikon

Postby solwayiceman » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:48 am

Hi Nikon, there's a reason that no one is doing it here too expensive for the licence we are talking about the price of a house then all the paperwork, and regulations to follow. There have been one or two over the time I have lived here come and gone. Too many people chasing too few clients. My advice leave well alone taxi drivers can be angry.
They may take our lives but they will never take our FREEDOM
solwayiceman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby PeteKnight » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:31 am

It makes me wonder how many people end-up regretting going on these shows for their five minutes of fame. I’m sure most of them don’t think through the consequences.
I remember one of the Bargain Loving Brits series where a lady set-up a catering business from home. In the U.K. that would have needed to be registered with the local authority food hygiene people and inspected, and she’d need public liability insurance, and her insurance company would need to know that he’s running a business from home. Even things like care insurance would need to be considered if you were doing deliveries.
In Spain I’d guess that she’d need to jump through even more hoops to be legal, and I’d doubt that she’d successfully ticked all of these boxes.

I’m not knocking these people’s efforts to earn a living, but if you’re not 110% sorted then it’s a bit silly to stick your head above the parapet.

On another note, there was a couple one the New Life in the Sun who bought a static caravan for €50k+ and are paying over €2k per year in site fees. This did include utilities, and there’s clearly quite a bit in the way of facilities on site, but it seems quite a bit to pay for a wooden home that needed quite a bit of work.
They also stuck a decking monstrosity on the side, which I’m sure won’t endear them to their neighbours!

I guess this is why I watch this stuff!

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Nikon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:59 am

solwayiceman wrote:Hi Nikon, there's a reason that no one is doing it here too expensive for the licence we are talking about the price of a house then all the paperwork, and regulations to follow. There have been one or two over the time I have lived here come and gone. Too many people chasing too few clients. My advice leave well alone taxi drivers can be angry.

yes your probably correct. and with all the issues and regulations your correct. I won't be even considering this now. its a closed issue. now. perhaps. I might just swell do nothing and watch the grass grow on the golf complex. much easier. lol
Nikon

Next