Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Which area to move to

Which area to move to

Postby drewie8 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi everyone
Im planning a move to the Costa Blanca next year and wondering which area to move to. Ive a choice of three in mind, Cuidad Quasda, Villamartin or Jalon valley area. Ive visited Quasad before quite liked it but would like some real reviews on all three areas.

I do a lot of cycling so a good cycling area is essential. I also do a lot of weightlifting as well so a good gym is also essential. Paddle boarding and kayaking are also among my hobbies.

I live in the Scottish Highlands so im used to really good views and scenery so somewhere with that in mind would be helpful. Ideally I wouldn't like to live in a really busy area as I live in a small village with only 2200 people but I would need all facilities close.

Thanks
Drew
drewie8

Which part of Spain are you from?: Scotland

Re: Which area to move to

Postby Jillandsteve » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:33 pm

Quesada seems to be popular with cyclists, they seem to abound here
There’s gyms alright close to habaneros shopping centre and I’m sure there’s others
However I believe the Jalon valley might suit you better as the scenery is probably greener, very little green here at all, and it’s less crowded too I think
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby PGA » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:26 pm

I have bought in Ciudad Quesada but my parents lived in Jalon valley for many years and I frequently travelled there to see them. I would agree with the poster above who says it is greener. However, you mention use of a gym and I have to say that I found the Jalon valley area was far more spartan in terms of amenities. You can see that as a positive or negative depending on what it is you are after.

I wanted a bit more life on my doorstep as well as nature so Quesada was better suiting for me. However, I am 40 and my parents are in their 70s so we have very different wants in life. I wanted some vibrance of a town (and gyms, bars, restaurants, sports) within easy reach as well as having the natural park and countryside nearby. The convenience of the airport being only 20 mins rather than an hour also was a perk for me. All that said, i live in the centre of a big city in the UK so tranquillity probably has a different meaning as against someone from the Scottish highlands! Certainly some parts of Quesada are quieter than others and similarly some parts of the Jalon Valley are busier than others.

You will probably find any post here will be biased for obvious reasons but it would be worthwhile visiting each of your proposed areas for a few weeks at a time and I am sure you would get a flavour of what is and isn't right for you. Best of luck with it.
PGA

Postby steve2577 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:06 pm

I live inTorrevieja not far from quesada if I had a choice to live anywhere is Spain it would be the jalón valley.

Your question is easy but then it isn’t

Imagine I want to move to Scotland is the isle of sky better than Glasgow? Or is Brighton better than Bournemouth

Do yourself a big favor rent for 3 months in both before you make a decision?
steve2577

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby KarenCouzens » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:41 pm

We have lived in Quesada 18 years & still love it. There are 2 gyms & many bars & restaurants, a cycling club, bowls etc. etc. that are open all year.
Lots of places to walk. Rojales has good fiestas like Semana Santa procession's also a very good Moors & Christians. There are free Spanish lessons every week in the Centro Cultural.
The Rodeo Caves have free music events & cave bars etc.
KarenCouzens

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales, Alicante

Postby Jordy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:20 pm

With your outdoor activities in mind, have you had a look around the Mar Menor area i.e. Santiago de Ribera,
Los Alcazares, Los Narejos or even La Manga. The Mar Menor is almost enclosed so is usually calm & clear for kayaking & sailboarding & the area is 'seasonal'. La Manga is a bit more distant but looks out over the Mar Menor in one direction & over the Med in the other. Plenty of 'hills' around all of these areas for walking or biking.
Jordy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby GillianOSD » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:55 pm

If you do not want it too Busy I would say Quesada and Villamartin may not be for you as it gets heaving in the summer months.

Depending on your budget San Miguel de Salinas may be an option. Lo Crispin is quite with easy access to Quesada and lots of cycling groups meet and go from there.

Most cycling groups do the canal paths to Guardamar I can put you in touch with them if you pm me.

There are lots of places you can live happily which are near to places here like bars shops etc but still be out of the way. San Miguel and Quesada have good gym facilities.

Be happy to answer any questions if you pm me.

Gilly
GillianOSD

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby cheflady » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:19 pm

We lived in Derbyshire before coming over here right on the edge of the Peak District have moved to LA Campaneta and only one couple that's English set amongst lemon and orange groves and we love it!! Good luck. Jules
cheflady

Postby Lesley43 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi I've not long bought a holiday place in Rojales, pueblo luciaro near to cycle path to guadamar, golf course, shops and bars, and the town of Rojales walking distance. Seems to me a lot going on also only 40 mins from Alicante airport. Depends if your staying permanently.I let friends stay in my place for a couple months to house hunt, I would recommend that first.
Les
Lesley43

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby elchedave » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:57 pm

Jordy wrote:With your outdoor activities in mind, have you had a look around the Mar Menor area i.e. Santiago de Ribera,
Los Alcazares, Los Narejos or even La Manga. The Mar Menor is almost enclosed so is usually calm & clear for kayaking & sailboarding & the area is 'seasonal'. La Manga is a bit more distant but looks out over the Mar Menor in one direction & over the Med in the other. Plenty of 'hills' around all of these areas for walking or biking.

Don't be fooled by the "tranquility" of the Mar Menor, some friends had a power boat moored there a few years ago & we attempted to do some kayaking ourselves. The wind & sea state can pick up very quickly & can be very unpleasant, our friends moved their boat to Torrevieja & had much more success in getting out of the marina & we have had more fun kayaking from the beaches around Torre, La Mata etc etc.

Regards,
Dave
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Next