Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

A New Life in the Sun

A New Life in the Sun

Postby Babu » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:34 am

Watching last nights episode about a Yoga Teacher wanting to relocate to Benidorm/Guardamar/Eche after her countryside rented Villa further south turned out to be illegally built so couldn't get a business licence to run a retreat was interesting . . .

She was looking for somewhere to have a quiet relaxing Yoga retreat but found Benidorm to be too fun/booze based (really?), Guardamar too shabby looking (certainly the bit she was pictured at wasn't the best) but she liked Elche a lot (pictured in the Palm Park). I'm not sure what she was thinking really as none of those three places would strike me as being a quiet and serene Yoga Retreat location . . . or am I missing something?
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Re: A New Life in the Sun

Postby DTR » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:38 am

I think you're missing a lot about Elche for sure. Elche is very large and covers a wide area. You have city, village and Campo life all connected to one another. It's a perfect city and the quality of life is very high here. I know, I live here.
DTR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby polop » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:54 am

DTR wrote:I think you're missing a lot about Elche for sure. Elche is very large and covers a wide area. You have city, village and Campo life all connected to one another. It's a perfect city and the quality of life is very high here. I know, I live here.

Can you recommend any particular areas for relocating to in Elche area. Thanks
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby solwayiceman » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:31 pm

Am I missing something here with people setting up a business in Spain?

Would you not look into license needed to open a business, social security numbers etc. Do they all leave their Brains on the plane? They all seem to be so shocked when they find out that they don't have all the paperwork needed.

Sorry, it must be the Sun.
They may take our lives but they will never take our FREEDOM
solwayiceman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Jillandsteve » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:27 pm

solwayiceman wrote:Am I missing something here with people setting up a business in Spain?

Would you not look into license needed to open a business, social security numbers etc. Do they all leave their Brains on the plane? They all seem to be so shocked when they find out that they don't have all the paperwork needed.

Sorry, I think you needed to have seen the C4 programme to understand the situation
It’s the villa the lady rented that was illegally built and therefore not able to be licensed to operate a business from
The story continues today at 5pm Spain time and I can assure you she does have her business now up and running
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby elchedave » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Jillandsteve wrote:
solwayiceman wrote:Am I missing something here with people setting up a business in Spain?

Sorry, I think you needed to have seen the C4 programme to understand the situation
It’s the villa the lady rented that was illegally built and therefore not able to be licensed to operate a business from
The story continues today at 5pm Spain time and I can assure you she does have her business now up and running

Doesn't necessarily mean it's legal!!!!
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar