Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Chia seeds Info please.

Chia seeds Info please.

Postby dr.doolittle » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:43 am

I read that if you have high blood pressure or cholesterol problem you should consult your doctor before using Chia seeds, i asked my GP and she didnt know anything about the seeds, i only had about a t.spoon on my muesli.
dr.doolittle

Re: Chia seeds Info please.

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:55 am

Wouldn't have thought they were harmful, We have them every morning and so does our friend who recommended them to us, she has them to try and help with lowering Cholesterol. Try googling it.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby dr.doolittle » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:50 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Wouldn't have thought they were harmful, We have them every morning and so does our friend who recommended them to us, she has them to try and help with lowering Cholesterol. Try googling it.

did that, it said should consult doctor first. thats why i asked.
dr.doolittle

Postby Chris21 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:20 pm

I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and high blood sugars, I researched on many sites on the internet and as a result I introduced chia and other seeds and nuts into my diet along with cutting out the rubbish and eating more healthily in general. There is lots of good info on the internet but also lots of quack stuff, I never came across anything that said chia was harmful apart from one or two extreme reactions. In my case I lowered my cholesterol and blood sugars and lost weight without even trying. I add a sprinkle of chia and other seeds to almost anything, I believe try new things in moderation and see how you go.
Chris21

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby dr.doolittle » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Chris21 wrote:I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and high blood sugars, I researched on many sites on the internet and as a result I introduced chia and other seeds and nuts into my diet along with cutting out the rubbish and eating more healthily in general. There is lots of good info on the internet but also lots of quack stuff, I never came across anything that said chia was harmful apart from one or two extreme reactions. In my case I lowered my cholesterol and blood sugars and lost weight without even trying. I add a sprinkle of chia and other seeds to almost anything, I believe try new things in moderation and see how you go.

Thank you, think i will carry on in moderation.
dr.doolittle

Postby cerveza » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:01 am

Chia good for several;things , see Activia yogurt …
Cheapest to buy: big bag on the market among the herbs
cerveza

Postby dr.doolittle » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:39 pm

cerveza wrote:Chia good for several;things , see Activia yogurt …
Cheapest to buy: big bag on the market among the herbs

Got mine on Zoco market.
dr.doolittle

Postby Gasplumbman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:37 pm

I had high cholesterol was advised to take lichitina,as a result my cholesterol came down,2 of my friends are taking it as well there's has reduced also,I stopped taking mine for a month it went back up,I couldn't take statins,bad muscle & joint pains
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa