Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Passport renewal

Re: Passport renewal

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:11 am

Brilliant, thank you very much for taking the time to explain, kept thinking about it all night last night, erghh. Have a good weekend, Chris x

Terry the gardener wrote:yes.. came on a sunday recorded (DHL)delivery..and old one came back the next day ..had text sent to phone to say they had received old passport and texts to say the progress of our applications and to say when they had sent new one ..very easy to do on line ..you take your own picture and submit it and if there is a problem with the picture they will tell you and you send another..they resize it so no need for trying to get a perfect head shot ..both passports (mine and husband's )came on same day...
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Lucyloo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:53 pm

We did ours online also, my husbands was back within 10 days mine took 15, but no problems. When you send it to Belfast register them and pay for registered post for return, they are delivered by DHL .
Lucyloo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:26 pm

Thank you

Lucyloo wrote:We did ours online also, my husbands was back within 10 days mine took 15, but no problems. When you send it to Belfast register them and pay for registered post for return, they are delivered by DHL .
Chrisdee

Postby Calledali » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Wife did UK post office check service, beng delivered onMonday, 7days after application
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby cogsie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Just done mine in UK by use of internet, you have to send old passport to Glasgow. Whole procedure took 8 days which included two weekends
cogsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:50 pm

All sounds positive. thank you
Chrisdee

Postby benji » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:53 am

My husband, myself & a friend had our passports renewed recently atthe post room in Benijofar. The lady in there was so efficient, she took all the worry & stress from us. Received regular emails & all 3 passports arrived 3 weeks later. The photographer was fantastic.
benji

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby A.N.Other » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:29 am

camionpilot wrote:Walk in service has been discontinued in the UK offices , its by appointment only ..!
I don't believe there has ever been an actual walk in service.

I renewed my passport with the main office in central London using the same day service in 2005 but I had to make an appointment for it.

That service still exists and takes about 4 hours but can run over to the next day if your appointment is later in the afternoon.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/paper-premium-service
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Yes there has been a walk in service as we have done it. We went to Petty France think it was Victoria but now it's moved to around the back by the station at Victoria and now you need an appointment which we've also done and done it in one day although we had problems with photos and the booth that is situated inside the passport office, it was a right palava
Chrisdee

Postby janlesaint » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:41 pm

You can do it online and if you pay extra you can get them back in a reasonably short turnaround time. They can also be delivered to a Spanish address.
janlesaint

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bigastro

PreviousNext